Bleeding out of the blue !!!!????

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Bleeding out of the blue !!!!????

Postby Guest » 27 Jul 2008, 17:26

That is interesting info, Cheryl. I think a lot of doctors get the horse before the cart. Like that say that depression may cause chronic pain and IBS rather than a side effect or a result. I had one doctor a few weeks ago tell me and my husband that I was addicted to being in pain. I walked out. If that were true why would I be searching for a way to get better and trying new things? He was the epitome of a male chauvanist.

Does one of your son have autism and the other Chron's or does one have both conditions.

Postby cherylk » 27 Jul 2008, 18:08

My younger son has both autism and Crohn's which truly sucks, and I think it is grosssly unfair. But he is doing pretty well right now and seems somewhat stable. Was quite difficult for me and my mom to see him a couple of years ago lying on his bed crying in pain. Very, very difficult to see and also he had to have a nasal tube inserted during a hospitalization a short while after that. I have heard from serveral people having a nasal tube is one of THE WORST experiences and to have him have to go through that with him not understanding fully the implications or reasons for it also sucks in my opinion. I do think we can get addicted to not feeling well and can use it as an escape, but I am sure most here are not doing that!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2008, 03:00

Goodluck for today Dear Fiss..
Thinking of you
x

Postby Jo » 28 Jul 2008, 08:59

Fiss,
you are in my thoughts and prayers today.
Let us know how it goes.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby happyass » 28 Jul 2008, 09:19

how are you feeling today fissy?
what a shock you must have had with all that blood!?
i hope it was a thrombosed hemmy instead of something more devious. when i first read your description, it sounded more like a fistula....
anyway, i hope you have had a more peaceful weekend and that you are feeling good today!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jul 2008, 12:20

Hi all XOXOOOOOO!!
I am about to administer enema : (((, and I am freaking out. It is 11:15 am now. Does mineral oil Fleet works as good as saline one. I also could find only liquid glycerine baby one enema : (. Which one to use ???????!!!! BTW, I had my BM just an hour ago - would I have anything to poop at all ??????
Thanks a bunch - please write me fast : ((((
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2008, 12:27

From my experience, the docs want you to use a saline one. Not so much to make you poop but to clean you out after you have pooped already. Can you dump out the child size enema and fill it with warm water? You have already pooped so that isn't the issues they just want it clean like you are wiping inside. You won't have any poop probaby-maybe a few pieces but mostly just for an internal wetwipe. It doesn't have to be saline because you aren't constipated. Just fill with warm water in the child size.

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jul 2008, 12:33

Thanks buddy : ( XXXX !!!! They are nasty - they had 2 options on the form 1. Enema
2. Water enema
and they circled 1. for me : (((. Do you think mineral oil or glycerine
will leave some residue that will interfere with exam ? : (
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2008, 12:38

Yes, I think the mineral oil and glycerin could leave residue that is why I am hesitant to say to use those.

I think Buttgirl and Val both have done water enemas instead of saline. I can't imagine there is a huge difference unless someone hasn't pooped yet. But I know we want to do things by the book. Maybe take a flexeril before you proceed so your muscles are more relaxed. Maybe a glass of wine? I'm sorry-it sucks!

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jul 2008, 12:44

Ok buddy Image - I will do saline than since I am compulsive truth teller (read idiot) and would be even more stressed there in fear that they refuse to see me (it is on the paper too - "if patient does not comply with enema , the exam will be denied " - Image Image Image - you know what - I might have some vine - actually good idea : ( - I am anervous wreck Image ...
pray for me
Fissulyna
VIP