Blood but not from the fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Blood but not from the fissure

Postby buttgirl » 20 Jun 2007, 10:08

I am a little freaked out this morning. After my morning bm, which was very small because I had one late last night, I noticed some blood on the wipe. I dabbed the area and found that the blood was NOT coming from the fissure, but coming from a place onthe side of the fissure. I touched that place and it stung a little. It still stings a very little, but otherwise, I don't notice it.

I am a little freaked out because the last thing I want to be dealing with is a new fissure. I am hoping it is a little bitty roid or a tiny, tiny tear that will go away by tomorrow.

Has this happened to anyone before? If so, what was it?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: Blood but not from the fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2007, 10:21

I had some bleeding last week-just a few spots of blood like you-and I first thought I had damaged my fissure but I think it was just a small tear that fixed itself in a few days.
I don't know what it was but it did not turn into a big deal and went away quickly. Maybe that area is just more sensitive to things now from past trauma.
I know it is hard to not feel a little freaked-out (I know I felt a bit and thought oh, no, here we go again) but it probably will feel better tomorrow.
Did you pass a hard stool or have anything in your diet that was untested? I put aloe on the area for a few days and it seemed to help. Maybe you could try that.
L.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Jun 2007, 10:27

The fact that you had just had a BM the night before tells me you probably don't need to worry, at least not yet.
I get blood only if I have gone the second or third time in a day. maybe it's just too much stress on our particular membranes, or it may yet be the fissure...
As long as it was a small amount and doesn't continue constantly, you should not let it haunt you...
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 20 Jun 2007, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 20 Jun 2007, 10:30

Thanks for the reassurance. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary, except perhaps have more fiber in my diet. I have been trying to cut down on the MOM, too. I have also been having period cramps so the area is more tense than usual. Maybe all three of those factors contributed to a tear, which I hope goes away by tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the prompt response and support.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2007, 10:43

Oh yeah, I think the tissue can get more engorged with blood along with the cramping due to hormonal shifts so you can be more prone to abrasions.

Postby buttgirl » 20 Jun 2007, 11:16

I hope, I hope that is the case. Engorged with blood sounds like the best option!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 20 Jun 2007, 11:41

Oh, man. You know you're having a bad day when "engorged with blood" sounds like "the best option." Image I feel your pain. Hang in there.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby buttgirl » 20 Jun 2007, 13:29

Just checked the rear again. It is still bleeding when dabbed with a tissue and it still stings a little. I wish I could see better down there so I could know what is going on. Has anyone else found blood that was not from their fissure?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 20 Jun 2007, 16:50

Sorry to be such a drama queen today. It's just that this thing has been so exhausting. It's hard not to let it haunt a gal, but you're right.

Thanks everyone for all the support.

The bleeding has stopped and now there is just a bit of stinging, which I hope is gone by morning.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2007, 17:12

Can you get a mirror out and check things?
Did you go to the bathroom again? Did you rub it against the seam in your pants maybe?
I don't think bleeding means you have a fissure. Like Kim was saying, it is very membranous and the skin tears pretty easily there. A little bit of blood can look like more than it is.
When is your next appointment scheduled?