Botox in the Buttocks

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox in the Buttocks

Postby buttgirl » 14 Mar 2008, 13:03

If the first shot hadn't given me a nasty hemie, I would have gone for a second. they do help, but botoxed butts still take longer to heal than LIS, or so I've read (12+ weeks as opposed to 6-Image
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Sorerumpie » 14 Mar 2008, 19:20

If LIS has a 10 - 20% chance of incontenance - I know that I am always the one in that 10-20% !! I'm just lucky that way......
I am considering LIS ONLY if everything else fails and I am so miserable that I would take the chance .
My Gastro doc suggested the same approach yesterday.
There are some other ways surgically to remove or repair a fissure as well.
But that's just me, everyone should ask themselves " Do You Feel Lucky ?" ( famous saying by Clint )
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 19:45

Well, I know how you feel. It seems like every complication there could be in anything I have someone managed to experience it. It is like my life serves as a warning to others. But I think you will know when it is time the trade the known pain for the unknown and maybe this time you will be lucky. The odds are in your favor. I think being a male you will never have to push a baby out your pelvis so you won't be doing any damage that way and you don't have any prexisting conditions that I am aware of. But you have to be ready for it!

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Mar 2008, 20:18

I think JA's biggest concern is that he will go scuba and poop in his rubber suit LOL and THAT, we have to agree, would be a major mess LOL !!!!
(JA, I hope you know that I like to joke - I noticed that you have great sense of humor yourself ; ) , so I hope you will take this right way and laugh out loud yourself - if not, please let me know...)
I , as Juney, fully agree that statistics are wrong, or take in consideration "students in training" LOL !!!! All of the 4 CRS that I interviewed had NO cases in 20 to 35 years of doing it - so , yeah, one has to be sooooo unlucky to be that "one in a million" LOL. I would worry more about having LIS and still having a fissure - that is a bummer , as our friend Juney knows : ((( - SPECIAL AND BIG HUG for her now Image !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

How long have you suffered?

Postby Guest » 15 Mar 2008, 19:22

Some days I just want to lay still and die. I wonder how long you suffered before enduring surgery? How long did it take to recover? Did you have to go through many different doctors to get someone to take you serious? I am sooo frustrated. I have three young children that I haven't been able to keep up with and my husband finds it difficult to understand the pain I am suffering. Believe me, giving birth is nothing to the pain the fissure has caused me. It is starting to affect me emotionally. I have had consistent pain for over a month, bleeding for nearly a year and crippling pain each day that will last for hours. I am so glad to find a support forum to seek some advice. I explain it this way - "a hemrrhoid is a pain in the ass, a fissure is a royal pain in the ass."
Fissulyna wrote:I don't know- my life was so disrupted with fissure pain, actually I would be able to do everything with incontinence - so many people live with that anyway, and with fissure pain my whole day was planed about and around the TOILET Image - What is worse - ha ha, for me the fissure was Image . I would rather wear diaper and run around and have life than suffer every day - but , that is me Image !
The last drop that helped me decide was when my CRS told me that I can get incontinent ANYWAY since long standing fissure can form so much scar tissue that it can cause leaks - I had no doubts in my mind what I want to do !!!
Try all other options, of course, but if it does not heal, I think you should conceder LIS. Chronic Fissures can cause abscesses and fistulas too , which surgery is also very complicated and can have lasting effects if not done properly or if the case is very complicated.
I wish you all the best Image

Postby Guest » 16 Mar 2008, 09:25

I have't had the LIS surgery but it can't be any worse than what you are going through now. Many people on the board who have had have noticed immediate improvement and though the fissure will still need to heal it will heal more quickly.

When I got to the desperate part of knowing I couldn't live this way anymore and I had to take the chance that this could help (as I had tried everything else). I really think you owe it to yourself to consider the surgery. You can read all sorts of testimonies on here about how pleased people are with the results. You sound like you are at the end of your rope and it might be a good time to consider the surgery.

I know how you feel and hope your suffering ends soon.

Postby juney » 16 Mar 2008, 12:22

fissy - thanks for the hug! i'm doing pretty well and haven't had any pain in the past 2 weeks, just hoping i can make it a few months without a setback. :D
tmoseley - i hope you're taking something strong to manage your pain. i know it's horrible, but all we can do is try to overcome the pain and not let the fissure control our life. have you altered your diet, or looked into surgery, creams, botox?? there are so many options, you just need to take the initial steps to becoming painfree. it's such a long, slow process but you have to regain control. i really feel for you.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Mar 2008, 16:04

Dear Juney Image ,
I am so relieved to hear that you are now in control of your fissure and pain, you have no idea. Whenever I read one of your posts where you say that you had 2 LIS surgeries and no success, my heart just drops : ((. BUT - now you found the way to stay pain free Image and your positive attitude and strength to cope for so long are just amazing Image !!! I am sure at the end you will make that sucker heal by your shear determination and will like did Happyass !!! Hope that you are now enjoying fully your pain free days Image !!!!!
Dear Tomosely - I had fissure for 5 months but all 5 of them I was in major pain like you are now - absolutely debilitating with spasms 24/7. No medication helped with pain, some creams helped with spasms for short period of time. Any stool softener I used made me go 5 times a day to the bathroom and I lost 20 pounds. At the end with all that suffering my fissure healed just to reopen only 3 weeks after. I made LIS app.the first opening they had which was only 5 days later.
I understand your frustration completely - my pain affected not only me but my whole family and that fact was even worse for me to deal with. I had full support of my husband and both of my daughters - without that I would have had LIS even sooner.
I am so saddened with the fact that your husband has little understanding - I hope you can find some support from friends or other family members since it is so crucial for mental coping with this god forsaken condition :( :( :( . Welcome to our board - we will do everything possible to help you Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61