Botox update......

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox update......

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2007, 14:10

Hello,
Well today is Sunday the 26th. I am feeling pretty good still as far as the AF is concerned, very little pain. When I do have pain it does not last long. I am still scared, and I stick close to home. I am feeling yucky because of my period but that has nothing to do with the AF. My only thing is that I want to start eating a little more and I am scared to. I am afraid if I break my routine or add a little more food, it will set me back so I stick to what works. I went to a pinic near my house today stayed for 2 hours and only drank water. I ate my meal before I left. I felt a little unsocial.
When did everyone on this forum feel comfortable eating more during the healing process? or after the AF was healed? Just wondering? Well, I will keep you posted. Thanks for listening.
Patty

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2007, 14:21

That is great things are still maintaining for you!
What really helped me with the fissure healing is to keep acting like I had one. And really, you probably still do since the botox doesn't heal it you will still need 6-8 weeks at least for it to heal and it can take a year for that skin to be as strong as it used to be. So, I guess for me it has been 4 months or so since the doctor said the fissure was healed and I still eat similarly to how I ate before.

Postby happyass » 26 Aug 2007, 19:44

i eat what i want for the most part.
but now i know to make better decisions.
yes, sometimes i am stuck and don't really try my best to avoid the bad foods but i do what i can.
so this has always been my case.
you can't be afraid forever.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Aug 2007, 05:37

Patty, it is way too soon to be even thinking about falling off the diet. Steady your resolve.
You know how it'll be if the botox wears off and the fissure is not well on it's way to healing....
Not nice at all!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2007, 17:45

Kim,
I was just wondering, I always wish I could eat something different like a slice of pizza... oooo but I won't I know it will be many months before that will happen. I plan to eat alot healthier after it's healed. You just don't forget that pain. My mom and I are even going to modify Thanksgiving dinner. We will be prepared just in case.
Thanks Patty

Postby buttgirl » 28 Aug 2007, 09:20

I think you can have a bite or two of a food you crave, but only a bite or two. I know this really helped me stop thinking about some of the foods I couldn't eat. And it has saved me from falling off my diet.

When I went to parties, I would have no more than two bites of my hubby's hamburgers, and then I would load up on the salad, corn and beans. After having had the monster for a year and a half, one thing I learned is that there is usually something I can eat wherever we go. It may seem unsocial to just eat the BBQ beans or salad when there is all that nice meat and bread, but really, people pay more attention to what they are eating, so as long as there is something on your plate probably no one will notice. If anyone said anything to me (it was usually the host wanting to make sure everyone filled up) I would just say that I am havingintestinal problems and couldn't digest thing other than what I had eaten. No one questioned after that.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Aug 2007, 10:51

Yes, I agree with Christi. You can certainly have a bite or two of those non-AF friendly foods that you really want. Moderation is the key. I didn't completely cut myself off from my favorite foods while I had mine. But having it did force me into a new diet mode, one which I still adhere to. I like being skinny and healthy!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 04 Sep 2007, 16:44

Hello,
Well Today is Tuesday Sept 4. I had my Botox August 6th and have had great improvement. I know it is not completely healed but it is much better. I have no spasms or hardly any pain since my shot. I go September 13th for my post op and if it is not completely healed I will schedule another shot fo sometime in October. I did alot this holiday weekend. I went to dinner with friends and had a plate of steamed brocolli. I went to an Italian festival and won at the cake booth and I went shopping for new clothes. This Botox shot has given me my life back. I keep to my schedule of eating, water and supplements, that is the key for me.
I want everyone to feel better. If anyone has any questions on Botox let me know I will try to help. Everyone was so kind to help me, I want to return the favor to someone. I will keep you guys posted and I hope everyone has a great pain free night!
Patty

Postby buttgirl » 04 Sep 2007, 17:01

Good for you Patty. I'm happy to hear you are doing well and that you have a life where all attention isn't called to the rear.

I upped the ante on my bursted hemmie this weekend and have had a pretty good couple of days. Thanks goodness for the Botox. I can only imagine the spasms I'd have otherwise.

Here's to continued healing.:D
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Sep 2007, 17:02

I am so happy you have your life back. I *will* have a beer in your honor tonight (when I finally get off work, that is!)
Yes, Patty, it would be nice if you (along with BG) could be our resident botox veteran here. We could use you!
Kim
Deleted User 5