Botox update......

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Botox update......

Postby juney » 04 Sep 2007, 17:41

i'm glad you're doing much better too! it's been 1 month for you, and i'm very curious to see how you continue doing in the next few months. the only negative thing i've heard about botox is that it has a tendency to "wear off" after 2-3 months. Please keep us updated!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 04 Sep 2007, 17:48

Juney I will keep you posted. I know it can wear off that is why I want to schedule another shot if it is not fully healed by October when I have another follow-up. I hope you are feeling ok. I want to beat this thing by the holidays. Thanks again to everyone.
Patty

Postby Guest » 07 Sep 2007, 12:07

Hello,
Its Friday September 7th. Well I had a minor set back on Wednesday. I had pain for two hours and went to work at 10:00am thanks to Advil. I bleed for two days but now it has stopped. I had a hard BM Wednesday morning but the funny thing is I could not stop it from coming out. OO it hurt. but I seem better now. I take my Fisol and Flax seed oil every day now. I was slaking on the baths at night but I won't anymore. I am still taking Colace but I would like ti gat off of that soon. My app is on the 13th. I will dicuss with him another shot for October by then it will be 2 months.
I am getting a little tired of this though. I want a piece of PIZZA!!! :!:
But maybe someday. Does anyone else suggest something I could take instead of Colace? I am not sure I should be taking this long since August 6th. One thing I know about this AF is not to go off your routine and stick with the baths and supplements. My CRS told me it could take 1-3 shots of Botox before it is completely healed, so I am for that. he said he has had patients that have had success with the Botox so we will see.
Thanks again,
Patty

Postby Guest » 07 Sep 2007, 13:11

I don't see any rush to get off colace at all. You need to keep things nice and soft. Your fissure still needs to heal.
I use miralax and/or milk of magnesia and those seem to work better.
Sorry you had a bump in the road. It happens to us all! But you are getting better and I am so happy for that!

Postby buttgirl » 10 Sep 2007, 12:05

Take the bump in the road as a reminder that you still need to do ALL of the AF stuff until you are sure that you are completely healed and then you need to continue to do ALL of the AF stuff for a month after that. I remember the minor setback I had about a week after the Botox. I was feeling good and started to slack off. Big Mistake.

Perhaps you might try Miralax. It is a completely different chemical than colace, and might work for you until you are healed.

Now if my hemmie turned fissure would just heal.....
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Sep 2007, 14:15

If the length of time on the colace is all you're worried about (concerning the colace) then you can relax, Patty. It is safe for long-term use.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2007, 16:26

Hello,
I went to my CRS today. He said It sounds like I am doing better. Of course I had a little blood today real light, but he said that can happen. He said the fissure is not fully healed yet and could take another 2/3 months to fully resolve. I am to keep up my routine and try not to get constipated. I can even start to excercise a bit. Even if the fissure is fully healed I still have to be careful. He said that if I have any significant amount of pain then we will schedeule another shot of Botox, but he seems to think I won't need one. I feel good now, I am even sitting normal on the chair at the computer. I will keep you posted..
Patty

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2007, 16:32

That is so fabulous! I bet there was a point when you wondered if you would ever be able to sit normally on a chair again. I am so glad that things are improving for you. I think just keep doing what you are doing and you are going to make it!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Sep 2007, 16:41

That's good news, and I'm glad to hear a docotr who admits that fissures take a long time to heal and even after that you have to be careful. Sounds like you lucked out with him!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2007, 16:50

Thanks everyone but I didn't do it alone I have all of you to thank for all the advie and patience.
Patty