Brand New

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Brand New

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 11:42

i am taking vicoden 2 times a day. i know that can cause constipation ...but thats why i took colace three times a day :) i would go in the bath...i know its gross...but anything at this point. Ill keep truckin away...lol

Postby cherylk » 16 Sep 2008, 11:49

Jeff,
Maybe the vicoden is constipating you. I really hope you have a bm soon because you are most likely feeling miserable. The longest I ever went not having a bm was 3 or 4 days, I think, but that was many, many years ago. Good luck!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 15:10

Vicodin can be constipating but hey, whatcha gonna do? I never found colace to be very effective so hopefully the switch will help you.

I would also try to eat a bowl of All Bran Buds every day. Those really help to keep me regular.

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 16:20

so i took laxative 6 hours ago...i feel stomach rumbling...but also a very hard stool that wont come out. im so scared of ripping again...wow not only do i feel disgusting but in pain and just want it to be over with :(

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Sep 2008, 17:04

Oh - it is awful !!! Can you take some Valium to relax - it is going to hurt but not more than what you already experienced with a fissure and that poop has to come out : (((. Oh, sooo sorry, I can almost feel the pain myself now - if you do not have Valium , take a sip of Gin or something -really - just to survive that first "brick" - oh boy, why we need to suffer so much Image Image Image ???? Also put some lubricant - can you push in gently a glycerin suppository perhaps :( . Best of luck Jef - I will pray for you right now !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 17:11

Good idea, Fissy. Maybe a glycerin suppository to help soften up that first bit of the poo. It won't be long now. Just push gently and maybe coat the anus with some KY jelly or A&D ointment to protect the skin from tearing. Have a bath ready for when you do go so you can get right in.

Hang in there.

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 17:54

Im sorry for complaining:( i have never heard of glycerin suppository? i only had fissure for few months until they decided to due surgery. so i am not up on these things. Is this over the counter or a prescription? I want to thank evreyone for being so kind on here...this is my first forum i have ever joined and i am 32 years old. I guess im depressed and more then anything i think my anxiety is through the roof. So thank you for just talking :)

Postby small_flower » 16 Sep 2008, 18:07

I am going to suggest a couple of things.
#1. Try to get on a different pain medication. I took codeine and it didnt seem to constipate me at all.
#2. I think that part of the problem is that you are stressing so badly that it is preventing your body from doing what it needs to do. Find a way to relax! Meditate, take a bath and read a book, or find something else low key to do that you can enjoy.
Don't feel bad about having a fissure. To me, it sounds like you are really still in the stages of dealing with the embarrassment of the situation. Trust me, I was mortified when I figured out that I didn't have hemorrhoids and in fact had a fissure. I am 24! Even younger than you. :) So, while it may be harder in real life to be comfortable talking about your problem (and who could blame us, honestly, ass problems are pretty taboo) you don't need to be worried about mentioning anything gross, because I'm pretty sure that its all already been said.
We are here to support you! To answer any question ( no matter how gross) and to give you our two cents on just about anything! Even if it isn't fissure related. So let loose and ask as many questions as you want.
Good luck with your BM. I'd call your CRS if nothing happens soon, he/she will know what to do.
Good Luck,
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 18:19

You can get glycerin suppositories at any drugstore OTC. I usually get the child size especially with an injured anus that might go in better. You can lubricate it so it slides in better. It just softens that first part and also gives the rectum that full sensation so your muscles want to push.

If you are in a lot of pain I would worry a bit about become impacted. I don't want to scare you needlessly but it can happen sometimes after surgery if evacuation doesn't take place. The poop just gets lodged there. If you don't move anything by morning I would call again. But also know that your body won't leave stool in there forever. It will start to work again and rid itself of the waste. That is what it is designed to do.

Maybe you can alternate 800 mg of ibuprofen with the vicodin too. Also, the prune juice really does work too.

Maybe you can see what is on tv or PPV and try to get your mind off of it. Your body will let you know when it is time. If ever I am not sure I have to go, I will sit down and give myself one minute. If nothing starts to feel like it is coming I just get up and figure I will go when the next urge strikes.

Hope you get the relief you need!

Postby Corsi » 17 Sep 2008, 01:26

Jeff Image
So sorry you have problems getting things out...
Take care of your self and enjoy all the support and advice you get in this butt heaven Image
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18