Brand New

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Brand New

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 12:49

Excellent news Jeff ! it can only get better from here i am sure :D
I second the miralax Image

Postby Jo » 17 Sep 2008, 12:50

Glad things worked out!
Did you take miralax or MOM (milk of magnesia)?
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Fissulyna » 17 Sep 2008, 16:06

PHYEW !!!!! Well done Jef Image !!! The worst is definitely over now !!!
Take nice care of your behind now, a LOT of pampering Image and all wil be just fine Image!!!
Happy Healing Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 17:31

I used the miralax not MOM. Yeah i will use it tommorow too. And again you all are right...pain for the whole day it is :( but at least mentally i know i still function right.lol I think i just have been so full of anxiety that im just so stressed by evreything...so i had a hard time. Its been a challenge. My dr. was very nice but he didnt really set me up for any expectations that i would be in pain afterwards like this. After the surgery he said " yeah eat and drink normally and youll be fine within 24 hours". He said its only a 20 minute procedure and your going to feel relief. Man oh man that was not what it was like. So this whole experiance has been a shock. So thanks guys for being there :)

Postby happyass » 17 Sep 2008, 19:04

hi jeff,
this was a very suspenseful thread to read.....but i am very happy that you were able to BM finally.
i can understand that anxiety to want to BM but then you don't because you don't want to be in pain so you hold it in and well, that causes your body to tense up and you feel more constricted and more wound up.
i hope that despite having some pain after your BM, that you can relax for your next one.
in addition to the miralax, you may want to look into magnesium citrate - they have it in 10oz. liquid - tastes just like gatorade - and comes in cherry, lemon, or orange. i have seen it at walgreens and target. that should help soften things up too.
i am not sure if you are familiar with doing yoga, but if you are and have practiced yogic breathing, that would help you out in trying to relax before and after your BM.
hang in there. it will take about a good 6-8 months to feel some normalcy down there - that way you can know that you have a while to heal. it won't happen overnight. and probably about 1 year to finally feel like you are over the fissure nightmare.
but it will happen.
and you will have some setbacks and some blood surprises but nothing that indicates you are doing something wrong or that you are not going to heal - it is the common experience of those with LIS and that you are on the right track.
you will heal.
you will be back to normal.
you will get through this.
just hang in there. and try to relax as much as possible. and take your miralax, mind your fiber, your water intake, and eat lots of fruits and veggies (steamed would be great), and keep a positive attitude.
Last edited by happyass on 17 Sep 2008, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby juney » 17 Sep 2008, 19:17

most drs, especially from my first 2 surgery experiences, seem to downplay the recovery period for these kinds of surgeries. i can't believe your dr said you'd be fine in 24 hours!! he had to have been joking. Image
if you read the posts on this forum you'll find you're not alone in having a painful recovery. very few of us have simple recoveries, but there have been lots of people who have come and gone, and ultimately recovered.
Kim is probably the biggest success story for LIS on this forum. it actually worked for him and he's fine now.
give yourself at least a few weeks of rest and relaxing. don't push yourself too soon. good luck in your healing
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 17 Sep 2008, 19:59

Yeah , Kim and MANY others others that are not here any more LOL !!!
Happy healing Jef : )))) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby pinky » 20 Sep 2008, 09:56

jeff,hope the pain is better today.as a doctor,even i thought it takes around a weeks time to get back to normal.thats wat we read and r taught as its a simple procedure.but its not the case.thats the reason i like to hear from personal experiences rather than wat the doctors say.good luck
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6