Brand New

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Brand New

Postby pinky » 17 Sep 2008, 02:40

Jeff,even my advice will be the same as above.u need to get that big hard stool out soon.it will help to use ky jelly.i wud use it and it does help a lot.take painkillers.codeine can be constipating.ibuprofen shud help.drink lots of water.
relax.let us know how it goes.good luck buddy.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby val » 17 Sep 2008, 05:45

Good luck with that, it must be scary for you!
You could try pure fruit juice mixed 50/50 with boiling water - works for me!
Hang in there, its got to get better!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 07:17

Hoping today is a better day for you Jeff !
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Postby Jo » 17 Sep 2008, 08:46

Hi Jeff,
Hope you were able to get that first bm over. I know how uncomfortable it is to have that feeling. Senna (Senakot) has helped me go on occasion, but hopefully you don't need it anymore.
I had some anal surgery, not LIS, but i took Miralax daily to let things down there heal up. The Miralax draws water into the colon so the bm stays softer. The dosage for me gets a little tricky because after several days things can get "too" soft, so then I cut back some on the dosage. Also the Miralax usually takes several days to become effective so if you need to "go" soon there are better things to start taking for more immediate results. I am still taking Miralax after 7 months.
:truebud:
Take care,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 08:53

Great idea about the Senna, Jo! I had forgotten that. I even had a CRS who liked that better than Miralax. Go figure?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Sep 2008, 10:26

There is no reason not to take a regular laxative. Ex-lax. or whatever. That's what my CRS told me to do when I was constipated and it worked. He even suggested a fleets enema, too.
If you had pain from the fissure before surgery, you will still have it after the surgery. But the spasm will be gone. Without the spasms, your fissure can now heal. It will take about 4-8 weeks, with 5 weeks about average.
You must rest and expect a lot of soreness down there for the next week, and still some pain upon having a BM, but that should slowly get better and better over time. The LIS is not a quick fix. Your fissure will still have to heal and that takes time.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 10:31

so about an hour ago i finally had my first BM since surgery. And yes it must have been the vicodin because it was very hard movement. But like all you said...when it has to come out it comes out! lol. I am in still in pain and but the miralax did the trick...man did my stomach rumble after i took it :) Thanks evreyone !!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 10:44

Great to hear that is out of the way. Things should get much easier after this. I bet that is a relief!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Sep 2008, 10:44

Yes, well done!! It should get better with each bowel movement now. But you are gonna hurt and be sore for some time, so prepare yourself for that!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 17 Sep 2008, 12:32

Jeff,
I would recommend continuing the Miralax for a few days.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46