Brand New

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Brand New

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 01:13

Hi evreyone.
I am brand nw to this forum and i have suffered from fissures for 6 months. My doctor told me i had 3 fissures 2 months ago . He prescribed me creams but none of them worked. He told me i should has [b]LIS and that it was a quick and easy procedure. Well i had it done on friday...and it was not easy.lol. I am still i pain and i guess im here just for support. I feel bad because my wife must be sick of hereing my butt problems :) I do have a question though ...if anyone wouldnt mind answering. I had surgery on friday and i still have not had a BM. It will be five days today. My doctor said dont worry for another few days because my body is just tense and it will happen soon. I feel pain in my bottom yet im not sure if thats pressure from needing to go or just from the cut. Did anyone else have this? Thanks again for letting me join this group. I really appreciate it :)

Re: Brand New

Postby Corsi » 16 Sep 2008, 01:37

Image Jeff
You have found the perfect place to discuss butt problems!!! I guess those who have had LIS will answer your LIS questions.
Do you take any stool softener? or anything to help your BM?
What have you done with your diet after you were diagnosed with the fissure? Fibre? Drink a lot? Avoid coffee, wine, red meat, etc?
You just have to read threads here, and/or ask questions and we will try to answer as good as we can.
Our partner might be fed up with hearing about our butt problems, but they shouldn't really complain if they are healthy and pain free I think....we didn't choose to have this Image fissure Image shit Image - did we?
Corsica :)
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby val » 16 Sep 2008, 01:49

Welcome Jeff,
sorry you need to be here!

I dont think its a good idea to leave it another few days! I know it takes a while for the GA to leave your system, but I think you would be more comfortable if you have a BM sooner rather than later. Have you changed your diet to an AF friendly - ie high fibre diet? If not try to gradually increase your fibre and drink lots of water as well, otherwise it will have the opposite effect!

Have you tried Milk of Magnesia? That would loosen things up, or try prune juice. And flaxoil will add a greasy coating so it isnt so painful.

I hope you start to feel better soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 06:50

Hey Jeff,Welcome to our board, our butt sanctuary!  Anal surgery is not easy but there are times when we just have to do it to be able to deal with a chronic problem.  I am a little concerned that it has bee 5 days with no BM.  I have had several anal surgeries and was told 3 days max and if no bm I needed to start using milk of magnesia or mineral oil.  I find prunes or prune juice quite effective.  It is like an evacuation after that!Take it easy and don't be hard on yourself.  None of us chose this and we can't help it if it happens to be a problem in  an "unmentionable" area but we can't let that stop us from getting the care and support that we need.Get well soon!

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 08:07

Thanks for replying. I have been using colace as a stool softner. They told me to keep a usual diet so i have. You mentioned milk of magneisa...should i stop colace and try that...or mix them? I do want to go to the bathroom...im in pain :(

Postby cherylk » 16 Sep 2008, 08:09

Welcome, Jeff,
YOu will find a lot of support here. I think you could use MOM and colace both together with no problem.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 08:10

Sounds good. Im on my way to the store to give it a try.lol

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 09:09

Dear Jeff
Welcome to this wonderful forum ! Image
The MOM should help things along nicely ! I do hope your first BM is kind to you !!
Now you have had the LIS you have the right environment to heal these pesky fissures....Things will get better you will see :)

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 10:57

ok well i took so MOM...i hope it works. Today is the first day i feel i have to go. But i am in pain and i also fel constipated. This is gonna be gross question..but after surgery, do you feel real tight down there? I dont have the spasms anymore, but i am in pain and i feel extremely tight...to the point where i cant go to the bathroom if i wanted too. I am almost regretting this procedure :(

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2008, 11:17

Hi,The MOM may take a little bit to kick in so don't despair.  It is normal to feel tight down there after surgery because the trauma can cause some spasming.  I know this is going to sound gross, but if you are really scared to go you might try going while you are in the bath.  I almost resorted to that after surgery because I was so uncomfortable and my anus was so tortured it didn't want to relax but the stool softener kicked in so I didn't have to but I was pretty close I was so miserable.  Are you taking pain medicine or some valium to help you relax?  That can help the emotional and physical tension of being afraid to go.  If you don't go today I would call the doctor back.One of the CRSs that I went to said most people hate him and regret it for 2 weeks but then they are happy they got their problem fixed.