Can biopot yogurt constipate me?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Can biopot yogurt constipate me?

Postby StevePain » 05 Mar 2010, 17:59

I gave up the beer a few years ago when my hemmies were at an all time worst (on doctors advice), and now that i've got a fissure too it's a no no, I miss it though and hope to have a few once this horrible episode in my life is over
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Mar 2010, 17:30

You know - I was not a "big eater" before I got a fissure. Never found junk food appealing or had alcohol except for "special occasions" but after so much veggie stews for so long - I just went crazy with food indulgence after I healed Image . I now need to loose some weight to fit again in size 6 (which was my pre-fissure size ; during fissure I went all the way to size 4 and than 2 Image - very scary ....). Oh boy - do I find it now hard to say no to chocolate mousse cakes, baklava, pizza and I now have a vine or beer any time I dine out Image . Ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But any time I want to "say no" the small evil voice says " maybe you will not be able to eat those in the future" LMAO so I EAT Image Just horrible LOL - fissure made me a "junk eater" instead of other way around !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 06 Mar 2010, 23:13

Ditto, Fiss!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Mar 2010, 12:23

Hey now are you guys purposely trying to torment Steve and I with all this food talk Image I will admit, though, that if I ever manage to banish my butt problems once and for all, the first thing I'm going to do is eat out straight for about a week and have myself all manner of deep fried foods with copious amounts of alcoholic beverages during each meal!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 07 Mar 2010, 12:32

Fried foods are not good for you, NG!!!! Image I guess it's the carbs that I crave--chocolate, etc. I had a couple of drinks last night at a party--sangria with alcohol and a glass of wine. Does alcohol tend to dry out the stools?? I think it is just wanting what we shouldn't really have--kind of like little kids!
cherylk
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Mar 2010, 12:48

Haha I'm having some sushi and veggie soup right now dreaming of a Big Mac with fries! I can actually still eat sweets like chocolate and cake even with my butt problems, they don't seem to change my stool much. But unfortunately I've never had much of a sweet tooth and have always loved fried salty stuff. I do force myself to eat a couple of chocolate bars a day to add calories and fat content to my diet though.
Alcohol does seem to make my poops harder. I don't know if it does that directly or if it just causes me to drink less water, but somehow it makes stools harder to pass for me. I've had alcohol exactly once since my butt problems began and it didn't turn out well so I didn't try it again. Sangria and wine sounds good. So does scotch or tequila. So does a nice hearty Guinness or a smooth refreshing lager. Some sake to go with my sushi sounds pretty freakin' terrific too! Actually just about any booze sounds good, maybe you're right about that wanting what we can't have thing hahahaha.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 07 Mar 2010, 12:52

NG,
Veggie soup is a lot better for you than a Big Mac and fries! You would get along quite well with my fast food eating husband!!! I do like their frappes, however. How is your weight doing???
cherylk
VIP

Postby StevePain » 07 Mar 2010, 12:55

I'm with you NG..
If I ever get rid of this hellish thing, I will be making a beeline for KFC or Maccy Dees.. The worst thing for me is that both restaurants are situated across the road from each other and both are just a mere 5 mins away from my house and I pass them almost every day , oh I forgot, Pizza Hut is also on the same road, the temptation is killing me, but so is the fissure pain, guess which one wins? LOL
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Mar 2010, 12:59

Cheryl, I think I have to side with your husband on choice of cuisine for sure :) :)
Steve, me thinks maybe you need to consider relocating Image With all that delicious food all around you, the only way you'd be in bigger trouble is if there were a pub right after the corner from you too...
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 07 Mar 2010, 13:06

Funny you should say that NG... There's one about the same distance as the take-away's (how bad is that lol), talk about tempting, I can almost picture that pint glass of chilled Guinness Image I really am situated in a fissure-unfriendly area... one day... *sigh*
StevePain
King Fissure