Can biopot yogurt constipate me?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Can biopot yogurt constipate me?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 07 Mar 2010, 13:18

lol nice! Hey if it makes you feel any better, all the way across the other side of the globe, there's another sad soul sitting there on Sunday completely sober with visions of Guinness (in a nice frosted glass with the frothy head just sitting there on top ever so perfectly!!!) dancing forlornly through his head :) In fact its going to be a big game for my Los Angeles Lakers in just a few minutes here, which used to always be an occasion for pizza and beer, but now it's smearing nitroglycerin and passing wind from veggie soup time instead haha. Hopefully after the 6-8 weeks of diltiazem and possibly LIS afterward, you'll be in good shape to enjoy your neighborhood again :) Sorry for turning your yogurt thread into a "reminisce about things we can no longer eat" thread LOL.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby StevePain » 07 Mar 2010, 13:31

The sad thing is, that if and when I do get healed, I daren't go down the junk food route again just incase I start getting stodgy stools or even constipated, you could say that years of rectal pain has completely put me off, even if the pain is long gone, the memory of it will stay forever, I still can't believe what an impact this kind of pain has made on my life, the low moods are horrible!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 07 Mar 2010, 13:44

Well, then, Steve, you will have healthier arteries and a healthier heart. Has anyone ever watched "Supersize Me"? I have the DVD.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Mar 2010, 03:19

hey HEY HEY dudes LMAO - not so fast !!!! LOL
First you have to HEAL completely AND than wait at least 8 months for that area to regain some strength AND if you tend to have constipation LOL- sorry to inform you - but veggies are not going to go away ; ))) ! You will just be able to "occasionally" indulge with a great care and extra fiber that day LOL and extra water with that beer LMAO! But ol' good days with no fiber and just "junk food" would be really a scary proposition Image The biggest mistake patients do after having a chronic fissure is that they "go back" to low fiber diet and guess what - CRACK !!!!! AND ALLLL SUFFERING from the BEGINNING !!!! I mean - no food looks THAT appetizing LOL - right ??? ; ))
I never was constipated in my life , no matter what I eat - that is why I can now occasionally have pizza - but my main diet is Mediterranean, always was LOL. And my pizza is thin crust vegetarian LMAO - so yeah - there is never such a thing as being "too careful" with a butt LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby StevePain » 08 Mar 2010, 03:40

Yeah cheryl, that series was screened over here a while ago, some guy had to eat McDonalds every day, not good lol, if that was me I wouldn't be able to have a BM without biting the towel Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 08 Mar 2010, 03:46

Fissy, thankfully i'm a big fan of all things vegetable, otherwise i'd definitely struggle with just fibre alone, as for pizza, that used to be a favourite of mine but the dough base doesn't agree with my a$$, i've been what I would call partially healed only to revert to old eating habits, and guess what? CRACK !!!!! AND ALLLL SUFFERING from the BEGINNING !!! It's definitely not worth the risk however appetizing the food looks..
Vegetable soup forever! Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 08 Mar 2010, 08:12

Steve,
I should watch that DVD again--makes one want to NEVER eat at McD's again. I should have hubby watch it, I guess!!!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 08 Mar 2010, 12:56

Hey now guys don't stomp all over my dreams of eating deep fried junk food again one day :)
I actually saw part of Supersize Me but didn't get to finish it. I've always figured that if this whole career in software thing doesn't work out, I'll pitch my own Supersize Me idea to McDonald's. I swear I ate nothing but fast food and beer and soda throughout my entire 20's, and never got over 5'8" and 140 lbs at my heaviest. We'll just have to omit the ending where I ended up with chronic butt problems :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 08 Mar 2010, 13:00

Maybe you could sue McD's for a butt issue???? Stranger law suits have been filed!!!!! Maybe you should get your arteries checked!!! :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 08 Mar 2010, 13:08

LOL actually I probably should. I had a metabolic panel done a while ago and my triglycerides were pretty high. I'd get my arteries checked (seriously) but insurance will probably balk at why a 31 year old wants to get a coronary angiogram Image I'm actually pretty curious to see what my triglyceride levels look like now after a year of eating rabbit food.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure