Can biopot yogurt constipate me?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Can biopot yogurt constipate me?

Postby StevePain » 02 Mar 2010, 13:40

I've been keeping to a fairly strict diet lately with absolutely NO dairy but I just miss other foods that I used to eat, I guess it's just the blandness of my diet or am I just totally fed up of eating fibre fibre wholemeal and fibre, I crave for the foods that I could once eat, anyway cut to the chase, i'm about to eat a yogurt (Onken Biopot) it's made with live bio cultures which are supposed to be healthy for the gut, could this help to heal me Image anyway i'm giving it a shot at the risk of having a different consistency of BM tomorrow, I would appreciate it if anyone else can vouch for yogurts messing up their BM's
FYI, here's what the live bio cultures in the yogurt are:
~Live Bio Cultures inside~
Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum
~Live Cultures inside~
Streptococcus thermophilus
More about these cultures can be found here: http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2901004.html
I figured anything is worth a try, these guys sound good!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Can biopot yogurt constipate me?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 02 Mar 2010, 13:59

I tried eating probiotic yogurts with acidophilus and other bacteria that were supposedly beneficial for the digestive tract, along with probiotic pills early on during my fissure fun and it didn't seem to make much of a difference for me over the couple of months that I tried it Image
I don't tolerate dairy well to begin with though. It didn't do much for me except make me poop a bit more haha. If you're okay with dairy in general then I don't see what harm it can do though. It seems doubtful that yogurt would be constipating so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 02 Mar 2010, 14:09

Thanks NG, I just don't want to have a dodgy BM as so far i've been quite consistent, not only that but I reckon my gut is lacking some of the good bacteria needed because I haven't always eaten good foods and have had antibiotics in the past and know they destroy the good guys in your guts... At this stage though, i'm willing to try anything.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 02 Mar 2010, 14:16

I know what you mean, Steve. In fact my own problem with fissures only began after I was on three different antibiotics for over a month to treat chronic sinusitis. The antibiotics first gave me crazy diarrhea, and then they caused constipation, and then eventually I got a nice fissure. The irony is that I still have the sinusitis too, dammit :) If I'd known what was going to happen at the time, I would've just lived with the stupid sinusitis...
But yeah I'm sure the yogurt won't hurt. I was a big junk food, fried food, beer, and soda guy in the past too. Since my fissure it's been veggie soup all day every day!
First time I've noticed your avatar BTW, it's hilarious!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 02 Mar 2010, 14:34

Hindsight is a terrible thing!! I used to like a beer or two or three and plenty of kebabs, burgers and pizza, if i'd of known then what I know now...
Antibiotics are really bad, like you, they gave me crazy diarrhea then after the 2 week course was over I couldn't go for a BM without straining which did my hemmies no good at all, i'm still struggling with internal hemmies now they are causing me no end of problems as well as the fissure, if I could divorce my ass I would!
My avatar resembles exactly what my ass feels like LOL
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 02 Mar 2010, 14:48

Steve,
I was telling a friend of mine about your avatar--how funny it is!! You need your butt--don't try to get rid of it!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 02 Mar 2010, 15:16

LOL cheryl, but I think life would be much easier if we didn't have to poop, I would be happy to have a colostomy bag, they can sew my asshole up for good for all I care :)
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 02 Mar 2010, 15:21

I with you there Steve Image Pooping used to be a glorious thing, after the fissure it's just terrifying. How great it would be to be able to stuff yourself full of whatever food your mouth fancied without worrying about what happens when it comes out :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 02 Mar 2010, 16:13

I spend more time worrying what my BM is going to come out like than I do anything else, long gone are the days where pooping was a pleasure, this whole thing has made me very conscious about what I put in my body and tbh I don't want to live like this forever although it seems like i've been like this for an eternity already Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 02 Mar 2010, 22:00

Steve,
Have you thought about trying an A/D to help you relax and not be so tense?????????
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46