Chinese medicine in Canada

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Re: Chinese medicine in Canada

Postby jr2 » 09 May 2012, 16:34

Tanya...
Totally know what you mean about the stress leading up to the decision, and the relief once it's made and done, regardless of whether it turns out the way you hope for or not. It's hard when you don't have a 100% on-board cheerleader to prop you up during your own time of doubt and stress while you are undergoing treatment. You need all the positive juju that can possibly be mustered up by everyone around you, especially now.
Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best, and am still really believing in this as a way to healing for you. when the wiggly doubts happen, just push them away for now. Tell yourself every day you are healing, you are healing, you are healing. Imagine healthy healing and intact healthy pink skin. In the past I never put much stock in doing things like that as it felt like I was just lying to myself. But I've found over the last couple of weeks by doing this regularly, and especially when the negativity is setting in, that it is making the mental aspect of living with this every day feel a bit lighter.
More healing hugs and best wishes for steady improvement.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Sana1 » 13 May 2012, 00:00

Tanya
I am reading your report with great interest as I planned to go to their Toronto brunch.I chose to go for another alternative treatment - hirudotherapy (medical leeches), I had very inflamed hemmy at that time and they promiced fast relieve. I know it's sounds bizzare, but this is very old european remedy. Unfurtinally it did't help, my hemmy became trombosed and soon got itself into anus,filling all of it and that how I got a fissure. I've had terrible pain during BM plus endless spasms( 9out of 10) and nothing help, I tryed everything even went to ER twice ( learned that my case is not urgent!). After 4 weeks of constant pain I had those black thoughts like many people here... Doctor could not check me properly, gave me Nifidipine - no change. Then, desparate, I tryed chinese herbs.
Last edited by Sana1 on 13 May 2012, 00:32, edited 2 times in total.
Sana1
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Sana1 » 13 May 2012, 00:30

I continue - so system doesn't throw me out again after so mush typing.
I totally didn;t believe herbs could work ( I got one part for tea and other for enema). I bought small bulb enema, rectal syringe, and after using Lidocaine cream started.On a 3rd day my spasms shortened to 30 min from been almost all the time (4 BM every day even on a liquid diet!). It was like a mirracle, after 2 weeks I was almost OK and thought I healed. Well, after that I re-teared 3 times, my mood is up and down, but when my fissure shows up I have painfull and sometimes bloody BM , but no spasms (itch and ocasional short soreness doesnt count).
I think it's a great improvment, those herbs really saved my life! Yes, I paid 700 CAD so far, But it worth it ( 400 CAD for leeches). Nothing covered by benefits. Now I can think if to go for LIS or not yet.
To finish I want to say that chinese medicine definitly helps ( my hemmy is no longer an issue after 30 years!!! I first got it at age of 10, my Mom was right,reading in the bathroom is bad !), my fissure is better, at least I can work and less yell on my children and husband. I truly hope it will work for you, Tanya. :D
Sana1
Salt Bather

Postby workingonit » 14 May 2012, 12:43

Hey Sana,
Glad you found something that works for you! It is a different road to healing for all of us I think.
Today they did the 'scar/sentinel' treatment. It takes a bit longer so I was a little light headed after as they do it with you on your knees, bum in the air. I don't feel any pain. They gave me some capsules of chinese 'antibiotics' and an advil afterwards to take.
I am to rest the rest of the day, so as yesterday was mothers' day, that's two lazy days in a row! :D
They said there might be a bit of blood, and if it hurts to take a second advil. But it's been about an hour and I just feel a wee bit sore. I also have 4 more chinese herb capsules to take after meals today.
They also said to not eat too much and to stick to foods that don't trigger a BM. So I don't go til tomorrow morning as usual.
So I will let you all know tomorrow after I see him, how things go.
I feel pretty up beat though.
Hope you all have a good day too!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby jr2 » 14 May 2012, 13:30

Tanya,
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling upbeat after your first day of these additional treatments. It's funny to me because I'd have to not eat at all to avoid triggering a bathroom visit!
Is this additional treatment added to the treatment for the fissure itself? So, in other words are they doing both now?
jr2

Postby jr2 » 14 May 2012, 13:32

Sana1,
That's really interesting to hear you feel the Chinese herbs are helpful. Do you get them from a doctor?
jr2

Postby Sana1 » 14 May 2012, 15:12

jr2 wrote:Sana1,
That's really interesting to hear you feel the Chinese herbs are helpful. Do you get them from a doctor?

I've got them from a Doctor of Chinese Medicine in Toronto, who previously helped my friend's husband with his back problem, which is uncurable hereditary condition, but she helped him with symptoms. Those herbs are a bunch of plants, mushrooms and something looks like bark. Every time she changed something in their composition and she doesn't know their english name. I had to cook them for an hour and a half each, it smells bad and tastes the same ( it is doesn't bother me any more ). One blend, as I understood, is to keep my energy up - I drink it twice a day. The other one is for enema, I really hate the hole idea and it's very hard for me to insert it ( I use rectal syringe with a very slim tip, do it slow and with a lot of lubricant ), but somehow it works! It cured my hemmy - doctor confirmed and helped with fissure. I usially have 2-3 BM exept for one after enema, so no mess here.
I don't know whether it helps other people. For sure it couldn't be ordered in internet.
What is important to mention, I absolutely didn't believe it could work even a little - ne placebo effect!
Sana1
Salt Bather

Postby jr2 » 14 May 2012, 17:22

Sana1
That is really encouraging to hear that you felt it was effective and did improve things for you. Any progress we can make in the right direction is welcome!
jr2

Postby 44alegna44 » 14 May 2012, 19:21

Hi Tanya,
Always great to hear your updates with this process and so happy to hear your feeling good about things Image !
Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, Image
Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby workingonit » 15 May 2012, 19:08

Hey There,
Well a half hour after I wrote last, the pain started. It was tension at first and I kept changing position thinking I was just being a tight-ass. Then the tension became uncomfortable pressure and at it's worst I could just lie still, or I would feel like I had to have a BM. This lasted for about 6 hours. Was especially fun when I had to go pick up my daughter from school. I had to drive the 4 short blocks. fortunately I had hurt my foot that morning too so that was my excuse.
I felt better by dinner time and was able to sit in a chair again and act normal.
The next day the tag is about 50% smaller. I re-tore my fissure a bit though as it messed up my eating schedule yesterday so my BM was a bit too firm.
But not too bad.
But I am also itchy there again and I think it is from one of the herbs he uses. In a way it is nice because it keeps my mind off my fissure.
Weird!
He seemed to think it would shrink some more. I am to keep going to him every day this week and then every few days thereafter til it is healed.
SO we shall see. I feel pretty upbeat, although kinda dreading the bathroom tomorrow morning. Trying to eat extra veggies today.
I also bought some metamucil, that is the new inulin kind.
I think I need something a little less bulking than the regular kind.
I will try it out tonight. Might as well.
Wish me luck! :D
That's pretty cool that your hemmie cured that way Sana.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34