Count down to surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Count down to surgery

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2008, 09:24

I prayed for you this morning and will pray some more on my trip. God bless Badass!

Postby cherylk » 17 Jun 2008, 09:59

BA and Lecia,
I was busy on the golf course this am, but will send healing vibs and prayers for you now that I am home. I was too busy trying to do well at golf to think about anything else at that time!! Thankfully, I did not miss the ball today and did fairly well at times.
Peace to all,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jo » 18 Jun 2008, 08:25

BA,
You are in my thoughts and prayers this morning. Praying for healing and comfort.
God bless you.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 18 Jun 2008, 08:31

BA,
I also asked my minister friend (Dwight) to pray for you this morning as I indicated you had surgery.
Cheryl
:redlove:
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 18 Jun 2008, 08:42

Hello everyone. Thank you for your prayers they were definitely felt and I know they helped. According to my CRS surgery was a success. Rough night last night. Unbelievable pain. Couldn't pee. Everything seems to be a little better this am. Just took a sitz bath and removed the packing. Still have not had a BM and of course Im not looking forward to it. Lortab and stool softners. Ill post later with more detail but wanted to let everyone know I made it. Thank you all again! D.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Jun 2008, 09:15

I went through the could not peee stage right after my surgery, too, so don't feel alone.
Try to avoid the painkillers if you can, but use them if you must. Do not alter your diet (I made that mistake) keep everything just like iust was before the surgery.
Here's hoping your first BM goes smoothly!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 18 Jun 2008, 09:27

God bless you Badass Image
Sending you lots of healing vibes...
I wish you a speedy recovery Image
Take care
x

Postby Guest » 18 Jun 2008, 17:41

Hello all. 30 hours post surgery and the pain seems to be leveling off. Putting as much time as I can between pain pills. Took them every three hours last night, now up to five hours. I hope to stop them soon.
Still no BM but have not had much of anything to eat as I have not really been hungry. Im going to try a bowl of soup in a little bit. So far so good. I can say that the pain I am experiencing now is no where near what my "badass" days were before my Dr. cut my fissure out; don't miss her at all! I'm thinking of everyone one here and hope you are having better days. Hasta Luego D

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Jun 2008, 18:27

WOW !!! Great news Badass !!! I am so happy for you - it looks like you will have a smooth and fast recovery (knock the wood !!!) . That would be just wonderful Image and you will have to change the user name to "Greatass" Image !!!
Best of luck with further recovery - yes soup soup sounds great ! Take a lot of fluids and some Colace to be on the safe side !!! Keep us posted Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 18 Jun 2008, 18:33

Best wishes for continued improvements in your recovery period. I would think it would only improve at this point.
cherylk
VIP