Count down to surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Count down to surgery

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2008, 17:37

Thanks Kim, Cheryl and Lecia it makes me feel better to know this is not uncommon. The nurse told me it was not unexpected do to the constipating effects of the Lortab and the GA causing the bowls to "become lazy" I have eased off the Lortab (only took one today) and just had a bowl of soup. That together with a sitz bath and a shower and Im feeling almost human again. Thanks for the support.
For anyone considering surgery or with more specific questions please ask as I will be more than happy to share my experience. I prayed for everone today and again want to thank you for your support. It has helped me more than I can explain in a few sentences.
Only those of us who have suffered or are suffering can understand how truly devistating (emotionally and physically) this can be and is. Knowing you are not alone makes a hugh difference. I will keep everyone posted.

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Jun 2008, 17:52

"Only those of us who have suffered or are suffering can understand how truly devistating (emotionally and physically) this can be and is. Knowing you are not alone makes a hugh difference. I will keep everyone posted."
So true, dear Badass : (. I hope that you will have trouble free first BM and that your recovery will be fast-forward from that point on !!!
All the best Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 19 Jun 2008, 19:45

You know I really thinking the person who originated/created this group did a really great service to mankind!! These probs are ones that you really want to talk to someone about, but topics like these (BMs, butt probs, AF's, etc.) are not discussed by the general public (obviously). It is not like someone has a sore arm or elbow or carpal tunnel or injured knee (like Tiger) or whatever and then it is shared with a friend or colleague, and they give you sympathy or discuss it. These probs have to be suffered physically and emotionally in silence unless we vent to a spouse (if there is one) or bf or gf, but then these folks get tired of hearing about the prob also because most times they don't have the prob, and so they cannot understand the frustration and anguish we feel about our various conditions/probs. Just my feelings about butt/digestive issues.
:IMO:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 19 Jun 2008, 22:01

BA -
Have you had a bowel movement yet? I hope everything is going well. I would have a fleets on hand just in case. I actually think I am going to buy some of these to keep in the house. You never know when there will be an emergency!
Cheryl -
Your mom's story is very inspiring to me. I hope we are all blessed like her and things problems stop. I would hate to be 83 and have an issue like this!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2008, 03:46

Dear Badass ,
I am sorry to hear you had a rough day :(
You are in my thoughts and i hope and pray today is a better day for you.....
Cheryl that is a fantastic "My opinon" !

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2008, 08:17

Hello all. Still no BM. Spoke with my dr who told me to drink 1 and 1/2 oz of fleet phosphate soda mixed with 8 oz of ginger ale followed by 16 oz of warm water and that this will work. Im worried but have someone out getting it. Ive tried everything else and hope and pray this gets things going. My Dr. was confident that this would do it. I wish this was over.

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2008, 08:19

It will come. It is a miserable feeling though when it doesn't and then the fear associated with what will happen when it comes. When you finally need to go have the bath ready to get it. I am glad you have someone who can run out and get what you need.

Postby cherylk » 20 Jun 2008, 09:03

BA,
Yes, my mom recovered pretty quickly years ago from having her fissure out (with no guidance during her recovery period). She has gone through a lot of challenges over the years (including losing her mother as a toddler), but perseveres well. She still has a hemmroid prob now and then but deals with that and any other condition that she faces with a good attitude!! Today she is taking my son for Lasik surgery on his eyes!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby juney » 20 Jun 2008, 11:33

badass - after my 2nd LIS i didn't have a BM for about 4 days. i took so much percocet the first day i think it stopped me up. i drank prune juice, took tons of stool softeners, and ate only soft foods, but still nothing...i even pushed to try and get it out and that only made things worse. don't force it!!!
the only thing that finally made me go easily was MOM. try 2 tablespoons of that and you'll be going tomorrow for sure.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2008, 13:42

Hello all. I used the Fleet and it worked, and worked, and worked, and worked, and worked. One well formed and difficult Bm with some blood and 10 liquid BM's. Needless to say I have been in the tub most of today. Im afraid to eat or drink anything now as it just runs right through me. My pain level is also up form the liquid assault and I don't want to take any more lortab and get constipated again. I can only hope this is the turning point because I am at the end of my rope. Thats all for now. Back to lying down. Thanks for the advice all.