Doctor's Suggestions for Fissure Healing

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Doctor's Suggestions for Fissure Healing

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 11:08

I think it took about 2 weeks and then 4 months of religious application of the cream before I was healed. I actually continued putting it on at night even after the doctor said the fissure was healed just for extra insurance. It has been almost a year since I got over the fissure but I because of this and other rectal problems I will always have to be careful of eating and pooping and keeping things in optimal condition. Even once the fissure heals the skin there is still compromised and it can take a year before it gains its original strength and integrity so keep it up! :bathtub:
Baths are awesome and using wetwipes instead of toilet paper or even a hand held shower head to clean will be easier on your bum too. :flush:

Postby buttgirl » 14 Mar 2008, 13:09

the fibrin glue is primarily used to treat fistulas that are not near the opening and can not easily be layed open. In order to activate the fibrin, they use your blood, so your don't really have to worry about complications. Still, since putting it on a fissure is not quite the same as sticking glue in a tube to shut it and stop drainage/leakage, there's haven't been any precedents for using it to treat fissures.
I know it's frustrating. I tried talking my drs into everything, including sticking tape over the area so that it would not pull open during the day or during bm. I researched and asked about fibrin glue too. No luck. Unfortunately, the creams and diet suggestions are the best conservative treatment out there, at least that I was able to find.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Jen » 14 Mar 2008, 16:00

Lecia - Do you have another fissure from your recent surgery? Did it come back in the same place?
You have been through so much! I hope you feel better soon!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Sorerumpie » 14 Mar 2008, 19:11

Jen, I really hope you are healing up - good luck with that !
My doc said that after it's healed to continue to attempt to maintain the same bowel habbits ( mashed potatoes ) for ever .
Guess we're the lucky ones that will always be looking in the toilet after doing business ..................
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 19:18

I have a fissure of sorts now but it is where an incision from a hemorrhoid operation burst open. I also have some scar tissue that is pulling and stretching that sensitive skin forming a nodule that is painful. I am not using any of the creams but I do everything else to help it heal.

Yeah, I hate examining my poop for blood. I always pray before I stand up that I won't see any. :tp:

Postby Sorerumpie » 14 Mar 2008, 19:24

Lecia , you deserve a break ................. Wow, how do you keep it all together ? ( Paxil ? )
I sincerely hope you get some final relief ............
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 19:30

Well, actually its cymbalta and wellbutrin. I have had a few crashes during all of this but I am seeing improvement so I just try to remind myself on the bad days that the next day could be better so just keep hanging on!

Postby Sorerumpie » 14 Mar 2008, 19:44

Well I am wishing you a pain free break from all of this , and thanks for continuing to share your expertice with us all.
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 14 Mar 2008, 19:48

Thank you and you're quite welcome. Seeing that I am not alone in all of this (not to sound sadistic) makes me feel better.

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Mar 2008, 19:54

At least we are looking at our own poop Image Imagine to be GI or CRS or even worse lab tech who pokes the poop all day long and has to make "smears" for examination under the microscope and also make poop cultures to look for bacteria and parasites ( I wish we have "barfing smily")
LOL.
Anyway Image , there is always something worse Image Image Image !!!
:snn:
PS: Lecia how is your bleeding ??? I hope those two days with no blood continued :truebud: !!! You deserve much more than just a break Image, although it would be good enough for the beginning Image
XOXO
Last edited by Fissulyna on 14 Mar 2008, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61