Fissure for approx 6 weeks

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Fissure for approx 6 weeks

Postby Hafzaal » 27 Sep 2015, 14:41

To be honest no it wasnt. They do put the herbs inside and you may just feel a slight sting when the doctor is inserting them. They did an acupuncture too and yes that did hurt because youre not on any anesthesia. Even during that though I only felt the pinch of needles for just a few seconds like getting a shot. However I was sore for the rest of the day after that and couldnt really walk. Next day however I was much much better.

Neither of those pains were anything compared to the fissure pain which used to bring me to tears in the bathroom so I gladly embraced it lol
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Alejoboogie » 29 Sep 2015, 12:31

Stool softeners shouldn't give you diarrhea unless you take too much. I tried both Colace and Miralax (using that currently), and I find that Miralax works really well. Although in the past I used Colace and that worked too, but I just felt like it stopped doing the job. I also try to get most of my fiber from fruits and vegetables, such as pineapple, pears, apples, broccoli. They help get you your fiber but also don't bulk up your stool too much. I was using Metamucil but that made my stool so big that I'm pretty sure it was making things worse. But with the fruits and veggies along with miralax, it made everything small and really soft that it barely hurt at all coming out.

Everyone's body is different of course and reacts differently to certain foods and medications. I mean when I had a fissure in the past, to get my fiber I would eat a bunch of whole grains like bread and fiber bars. That worked then but now it makes things worse. Go figure haha.

Btw I just noticed that I was reading the posts from like 2 days ago, thinking they were recent. So my bad if you already got that info I just wrote haha
Alejoboogie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Hafzaal » 29 Sep 2015, 13:00

Information is always good so no worries.

Metamucil was definitely not workong for me. However, I bought 100% organic Acacia senegal fibrr which is 100% soluble fiber and its the best thing! My bowel movements are not scratchy anymore and cause no pain. Maybe you can try that out if need be.
I just dont like the idea of entertaining stool softeners because I wouldnt want my body to be dependant on them.

How did you end up healing yours?
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 30 Sep 2015, 06:06

There are two location, Vancouver and Toronto. The clinic is owned by the CHEN family. There is a clinic in Toronto CALLED N.A.I.T.C.M. NOT the same place, so don't mix them up!

The website is http://www.natcm.ca

The clinic has been in Toronto for almost 6 years and helped a few of our members.

Toronto Markham Clinic:
351 Ferrier Street Unit 1
Markham, ON L3R 5Z2

Vancouver Clinic:
4603 Kingsway #205
Burnaby, BC V5H 4L3
Fax:604-559-6178
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Hafzaal » 02 Oct 2015, 14:02

Got some good news today. Doctor said that the fissure has healed and all that is left now is for the fresh skin to get strong. I guess that would explain the slight burn I feel after walking (movement causing skin to rub against the fresh wound)

He said it may take uo to a month or two for it to fully fortify and that I have to be extra careful during this time.

Today is one of those days when I dont have a BM. My body is tuned in such a way that I go first thing in the morning and if I dont then I wont get the urge throughout the day. I always drink 12-14 glasses of water a day so ilthat should keep things soft for tomorrow :)
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Postby Canadabum » 02 Oct 2015, 14:11

Excellent news Hafzall...good advice to be careful over the next couple months. Be well.
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby chachacha » 02 Oct 2015, 14:45

Congrats on the good news!

:actiongirl:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017