Fissure healing?

Roller coaster coming to a complete stop?

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure healing?

Postby Sufferingbadly » 23 May 2016, 01:12

Wanted to update.

I live in fear of the horrendous throbbing sharp unbearable pain of the fissure, therefore I live off of miralax, nightly. Due to weird pains and never ending anal itches and internal hemorrhoids, I've finally made an appointment to have a colonoscopy done (which I am scared to death of doing)....I've been able to live life just fine with my miralax and heating pads. Any one have a colonoscopy and your fissure pain got worse, or better yet, didn't worsen??
My great uncle died of colon cancer, my grandpa had bladder cancer, my dad had colon cancer removed 6 years ago, my uncle had polyps removed... My sister had a colonoscopy and she's fine. I'm freaking out. Someone, please either put my mind at ease or make these feelings valid! Lol... I'm mostly scared of the prep because I know diarrhea can make fissures worse right there, none the less having something shoved up your ass the next day. Ugh. Thanks in advance for the responses.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Canadabum » 23 May 2016, 22:59

I had a sigmoidoscopy done when my fissure was at its worst and most painful. I did not use anesthetic which was a mistake on my part - the procedure was crazy painful for me...But did NOT cause any further tearing or trauma. The pain was related to the fact that I had a full blown horrible fissure and stuck something up my butt at that time. So...my advice is not to worry at all about the procedure causing you any additional trauma - if your fissure is active and painful I would recommend some sort of anesthetic.

Keep us posted.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Sufferingbadly » 01 Jun 2016, 14:59

So I haven't gone in for my colonoscopy yet, and I've been laying off the miralax since I've had very watery stools. For some reason, my stools remain watery and frequent. I'm hoping I don't have IBS. My fissure unfortunately is causing me a throbbing type pain today. I feel so uncomfortable in my bum and all I want to do is go home, lay down and cry. Boooohoooo.... I'm not looking forward to the colonoscopy. I'm still feeling super scared to have it done. Just needed to vent real quick.... I'm done for now. :(
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Canadabum » 01 Jun 2016, 16:20

Hey S.B.....i totally sympathize with how you are feeling. That uncomfortable feeling down there is seriously not fun to say the least and i too used to get bouts of watery disaster that would simply cause discomfort and pain. I found taking longer baths helpful and also using some cold compresses actually helped when i was dealing with the same sort of thing you are dealing with. I hope it ends soon.

Keep us posted on how the colonoscopy goes -- the procedure will be a breeze.

Best - CB.
Canadabum

Postby Sufferingbadly » 07 Jun 2016, 21:22

Soooo.... I'm prepping for my colonoscopy tomorrow and Like everyone else who's had one....I am peeing out of my bum and it doesn't hurt, it's STINGING! I'm not wiping (sorry) I'm literally bouncing from the toilet to the bathtub filled of warm/hot water every 1minute. I'm half way done with drinking all of my laxatives. It feels like I have 100000 tears on my anus. So now when it comes out it stings really bad which sucks because I know I have probably 3-5 HOURS of this!!! Ahhhh!! I'm trying to stay positive and think to myself that once the procedure is done, I can finally find out about how bad my hemorrhoids and fissure (if it's still there) is. Also I'll find out if I am cursed with the "gene" of colon cancer. (Runs in my family but seems to affect the males). Anyway... I'm watching "baby daddy" which is a nice entertaining sitcom. If I have anything else to vent about....ill be back! :) :p
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Canadabum » 07 Jun 2016, 22:05

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Why not try slathering your butt with some Vaseline to provide a barrier while you pee out of your bum tonight.
Canadabum

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Jun 2016, 04:19

Good luck Hun...been there done that...the prep is the worse bit the procedure is not half as bad as the never ending trips to the loo...you could always try castor oil or zinc and castor oil as a barrier
Fingers crossed
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Sufferingbadly » 08 Jun 2016, 15:41

Well the procedure is all over with and the worst part was getting the IV. They stuck it in my hand and it really hurt. Anyway, I'm clean! No cancer!! He said he didn't see any anal fissures but that I would need to have an anoscope to actually see one. He did find quite a few hemorrhoids and he said they aren't nearly as bad as others he's seen. He says if they are too problematic, I can opt to do rubberband litigation. Around my anus is sore, but I have no pain and that's the important part! I am now having more confidence that I can keep this fissure at bay! Yay!
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 08 Jun 2016, 21:14

so glad for you. glad it ended well. take care
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Canadabum » 08 Jun 2016, 21:15

Awesome news!!!