Fissure healing?

Roller coaster coming to a complete stop?

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure healing?

Postby Sufferingbadly » 12 Jun 2016, 21:59

So much for being optimistic haha... My bowels were getting back to normal and I went #2 this morning and it was fine. Went at work and the stool itself was what anyone would consider normal, but lo and behold, I felt a tear and tada!!! Blood!!! :'(
It was uncomfortable and itched along with soreness. Now I'm home from work and went again, ugh it hurt. Not like glass, more like a splinter lol... But still. The pain is there, the blood is there. I'm sure it might throb. I will be taking a nice 20 minute bath followed by a heating pad to get the blood flowing. I wonder if I got this because I've started exercising ... Or maybe cos I'm so unbelievably stressed out. Ugh who know. My rear is a mystery. Esp since my colonoscopy came back clean. Just venting. I'm so glad this forum is here. No one who doesn't have a bum issue would want to hear about one.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Mypoorbutt » 14 Jun 2016, 07:02

I feel your pain,
It's awful when you are trying your best but parts of your body just do not want to
co-operate.
Wish I could give you some amazing advice to make it better but all I can do is say your not alone in this and we all need to vent.
Hope your having a better day today
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 14 Jun 2016, 08:08

Hello SB,
I am wondering if the colonoscopy itself can cause some bleeding. Maybe the fissure is really small since it's like a splinter. Had you been on creams? Maybe start back on nifedipine or whatever you were on?
It's also possible all those frequent BMs with prep added to the problems. Now that hopefully the bowel prep part is done you will recover sooner.
Also I am not sure how you bathe but try adding coconut oil to the bath with a few drops of honey. It does wonders for me.

I have developed a new routine of slathering my whole butt area especially near the sphincter with lots of coconut oil before BM and three times a day.

Also stay positive - I have survived several fissures that took over my life - 2 fissure surgeries and now Botox - staying positive is the key to life and believing there is a better tomorrow
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Sufferingbadly » 18 Jun 2016, 20:11

It's been a week now. I for sure have a new fissure and I blame the colonoscopy. The fear of having a bm is back. The pain, the throbbing... Not even coconut oil is helping this time. Heat helps, except I work and am on my feet for 9 hours a day. Ughhhh I have a camping trip coming up.... No bathrooms..... And (sorry guys) I will be also starting my period which is going to just make me want to DIE!!! Yes I know I'm being dramatic but the pain is there, the blood is there, the throbbing, twinges.... I just want it To go away. My other fissures never stung as bad as this one does. What really just makes my mind spin is thinking how anyone is able to have anal sex and not experience something like this. OUCH!!!
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Canadabum » 18 Jun 2016, 23:42

Damn...so sorry to hear. I have had my fair share of set backs and retears...all I know is that in the moment they all took me to pretty low places emotionally and of course there is the pain....but with time and the regimen that you know well you will be able to get through this. It was those times that I would up my dosage of miralax, heat, water, ibuprofen and also the fissure cream I was using. I had a similar experience right before a camping trip last summer....if you can spend time in a lake...somehow the forest and lake gave me back a bit of my sanity through it all -- hope it does the same for you.

Wishing you a speedy and easy recovery from this setback.

Best - CB
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Sufferingbadly » 19 Jun 2016, 00:55

Canadabum wrote:Damn...so sorry to hear. I have had my fair share of set backs and retears...all I know is that in the moment they all took me to pretty low places emotionally and of course there is the pain....but with time and the regimen that you know well you will be able to get through this. It was those times that I would up my dosage of miralax, heat, water, ibuprofen and also the fissure cream I was using. I had a similar experience right before a camping trip last summer....if you can spend time in a lake...somehow the forest and lake gave me back a bit of my sanity through it all -- hope it does the same for you.

Wishing you a speedy and easy recovery from this setback.

Best - CB

Thanks for the encouraging words. Makes me feel better...for now....until I poop again haha. :bouncer:
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Jun 2016, 04:26

Hi SB
Hope this starts to improve,
Just a question, I have had colonoscopy before my fissure with no issue, they want me to have another one this week and my fissure is active...was yours active when you had the test as I'm seriously thinking of cancelling it as I don't want to make it worse
Thanks
Mypoorbutt

Postby Sufferingbadly » 19 Jun 2016, 10:50

Mypoorbutt wrote:Hi SB
Hope this starts to improve,
Just a question, I have had colonoscopy before my fissure with no issue, they want me to have another one this week and my fissure is active...was yours active when you had the test as I'm seriously thinking of cancelling it as I don't want to make it worse
Thanks

Mine wasn't active. I had gotten the colonoscopy at that time because I felt I was healed enough. This fissure I have now is a completely new one. New spot, different pain.... To be honest, Doing the prep with an active fissure will probably be so painful! I only say that because of the amount of hours/times you end up sitting on the toilet pooping water! It gets annoying how many times you have to go to the bathroom. Anyway, I'd advise that if you do have one, make sure to tell the doctor about t and have him or her be very careful. (I'm starting to think either my butt is just too tight or he was not careful and he ripped me a new one lol. Ugh.) Good luck!!
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 19 Jun 2016, 11:35

Thanks SB,
The trips to the loo aren't really the issue as I have spent the last 3 weeks going anywhere between 8 and 26 times a day hence the colonoscopy.
My CRS has put to use a thin tube and numbing cream but still probably going to leave it as the psyllium seems to be working. Never got a fissure from them before I've had 3 I was more worried about whether the tube is smooth or whether it might snag the fissure never looked or bothered before as had never experienced the agony of a fissure.
Thanx
Mypoorbutt

Postby Sufferingbadly » 19 Jun 2016, 13:35

Mypoorbutt wrote:Thanks SB,
The trips to the loo aren't really the issue as I have spent the last 3 weeks going anywhere between 8 and 26 times a day hence the colonoscopy.
My CRS has put to use a thin tube and numbing cream but still probably going to leave it as the psyllium seems to be working. Never got a fissure from them before I've had 3 I was more worried about whether the tube is smooth or whether it might snag the fissure never looked or bothered before as had never experienced the agony of a fissure.
Thanx

Oh haha, I was asleep during the procedure so I have no idea what the tube looked like or if it was lubed.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist