Fissure

Can fissure cause digestive issues and slow bowel movements

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure

Postby Mich21 » 11 Jun 2022, 18:12

Hi all,

Some days I do well, but most days I’m in a lot of pain. I eat so healthy and cannot fathom why I’m still hurting. I have been this way since March 2020 and it just really came on one day. I know it’s a fissure and I have some tags and hemorrhoids (according to CRS). I find that I can only have a BM every other day and when I do It takes many BMs to clear my colon. Is this bc of the fissure? After a BM I have the extreme pain and spasms that I assume make the muscle tight and blocks stool… I drink a lot of water and eat super careful. My stools are soft. I also take mag citrate at night (4-500 mg). I have started using ground flax In the morning and night… I’m seeing the CRS on Monday to talk about LIS. I’m so scared but I have two little toddlers to care for and this has been a nightmare. I guess my question is, does a fissure cause your digestion to be all wonky, bloated tummy, pain in lower stomach, etc?
Sorry for rambling and thanks for any thoughts.
Mich21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Fissure

Postby Rich44 » 11 Jun 2022, 20:06

I don't know if it directly causes digestive issues - but the stress and anxiety it gives you mentally does affect your digestive system. So, indirectly it does.

Making your stools too soft can cause your sphincter to get very tight (along with the stress of having a BM with pain). You seem to be having evacuation issues and yes that can definitely be related to the fissure and a tight sphincter. It makes the pain much worse because you have to have a second or third BM (even if it's very little) and the pain just gets worse and worse doesn't it? You should be looking forward to your appointment. If you really need the LIS, do it - it was easily one of the best decisions I've ever made!
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mich21 » 11 Jun 2022, 23:35

Rich, thank you so much for your feedback. I totally see your point- I was getting so confused.

I am very much looking forward to my appt. It’s so good to know that people have had the Lis surgery and are doing great afterwards. It’s so nice that you continue to pop on here and help others, thank you again.
Mich21
Fibre Addict

Postby Rich44 » 12 Jun 2022, 10:52

Just know that there is a way out for you and if you decided to do the LIS remember that the pain from recovery is nothing compared to what you are going through now! At least for me it wasn't. Once I said YES to having it done it was like a weight had been lifted and I was simply waiting to schedule the surgery in the office. I just had this feeling like my nightmare of 6 years was finally going to be over! I've been back to normal pain free BMs for almost 20 months. Can you imagine? Good luck!
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mich21 » 12 Jun 2022, 11:12

Wow!! I can’t even imagine being pain free! Sounds like a dream. You sold me on LIS lol
Mich21
Fibre Addict

Postby ESun » 23 Jul 2022, 20:30

Mich, did you opt for surgery?
ESun
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Mich21 » 24 Jul 2022, 02:20

Hey! I did not. The doctor wanted to do Anoplasty which I wasn’t comfortable with, so I chose to really try anything to heal myself. I’m happy to say that I was able to heal myself, finally. I drank aloe juice, ate very healthy, lots of water, calms magnesium, and some good vitamins (k2-D3 and a vitamin B complex), along with this cream called Dr Christopher’s skin, bone,teeth cream. It really began to heal once I did aloe and Dr Christopher’s cream.. then I started taking a product called Athletic Greens, first thing in the morning and that helped even more. I was so messed up from having this fissure for 2.5 years that I wasn’t sure when to go to the bathroom. I’m finally mostly normal again with no pain- I’m still in shock but whatever is working, I’m gonna keep doing it. Are you considering surgery?
Mich21
Fibre Addict

Postby ESun » 25 Jul 2022, 19:41

Hey! No, not yet.
What do you eat daily?
ESun
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Mich21 » 25 Jul 2022, 23:47

I eat tons of fresh fruits, steamed and sautéed veggies, mangoes especially helped, but the thing that truly helped the most was eating small amounts of complex carbs (like 1/2-1 cup brown rice a day or one slice of bread a day), then starting the day and ending the day with aloe Vera juice and applying that dr Christopher’s cream… I cannot figure out how or why those two things changed everything for me bc it’s been years of good eating, different creams etc…
I really recommend small amounts of aloe for a short duration then scale it back.
Mich21
Fibre Addict

Postby Mich21 » 25 Jul 2022, 23:48

Also, to clarify, I have always eaten low carb, so I do eat meat daily.
Mich21
Fibre Addict