Just Botox after all

My journey

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just Botox after all

Postby missy moo » 21 Feb 2018, 22:44

Hope this helps click on link below.

https://youtu.be/CNftCuCKrkU

Also if it's just Botox no exam or fissurectomy see this simple video below

https://youtu.be/vnehfgyQDZA
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Sadbum » 22 Feb 2018, 11:13

I think she is doing an exam too.
Sadbum
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby SusieUK » 22 Feb 2018, 11:36

I was lucky I'm in the UK but had it done on the NHS but at a 'private' hospital
SusieUK
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Ash1988 » 22 Feb 2018, 12:10

Does anyone know the cost of it private in the uk?

I’m going through the nhs but think it will take months
Ash1988
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Canttakethis » 22 Feb 2018, 13:53

I just had it done in the US and it was $15,000. Yes, for the 10 minute procedure. Yes that says $15,000 not $1,500. I had an exam too. It was all under anesthesia in a hospital. I’m not sure what the exam entailed (but as I’ve said earlier in this post, it made my fissures worse and the Botox did not work). : ( Our insurance should cover hopefully most of this but we’re not sure at this point what we will owe. I would have been willing to pay anything if it had worked.
Canttakethis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 22 Feb 2018, 14:38

Sadbum as you know I had Botox and an exam I'm a 29 year old female with a 4 year old an a 10 month old I've lived with anxiety most my life an since my youngest was born went through a lot of health issues plus two cracked nipples an 6 stitches down there then my baby went through health issues it all started when he was 1 week old I got mastitis an re treated it for the next 8 weeks as it kept coming back I continued to breastfeed through the pain then my 4 year old fissure reappeared while my baby was 4weeks old right in the middle of all that was already going on I had no choice but to stop feeding while he was only 9weeks old it hurt me more then him I felt violated an ripped off with baby blues having a major party pain up top pain down bottom an pain in my heart an anxious panicked scared brain my then 3 month old got strep throat very very rear for a child under 1 to get it so I re treated him 4 times over 2months oral antibiotics because it kept coming back we both got missed treated by the doctors I ended up admitted to hospital for the mastitis an put on IV antibiotics for 5 days because it was stubborn and kept coming back as did my baby's strep throat with all this medical stuff going on my anxiety an sleepless night I started having panic attacks scared of getting sick or infected by anything scared to touch my kids incase they had something I was scared my body was breaking down because of all the medicine mainly the antibiotics I didn't want another pill or drug or injection anything ever again this was only 4 months ago I went to the hospital 11 days ago by my own free will and had an injection in my arm to put me to sleep and an injection of toxin in my bum I left with a jar of pills to take for swelling my point is if I can do it you can too anyone can.

Canttakethis I would try stay positive till week 6 because its not called a fail till week 6 for some people it takes more then 2 weeks so for me I'll wait till 6 weeks an 1 day to be disappointed an then I'll be right back into my doctor's office to ask to be put back on the waiting list for a second round of Botox I would advice you to do also as I'm sure the second round for most would be successful because the second time round they are not doing an exam they are simply putting in Botox I got a second fissure from my procedure and got very swollen but I'd still line up again i think the second time would be a walk in the park an now on a positive note we know nothing more serious is going on in there :hugs:
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 22 Feb 2018, 15:11

My goodness, missy, I didn't know you went through such an ordeal. No wonder the fissures can't heal. This severe stress. I hope this was it, no more. Take probiotic to replenish your good bacteria. This is important for mental health as well, as many brain neurotransmitters are in the gut. Make bone broth at home, it will repare the gut lining.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Feb 2018, 15:48

Hi ash...it quite expensive in the U.K. usually about 3500/5000 depending on where you are based and how many Botox shots they use. I would budget for the higher one though as the best CRS will often charge more.
It’s the Botox that is expensive I got mine on the NHS for that reason LIS is 2000, also you can have a private consult with a CRS and if they work for the NHS and you want Botox they should offer to put you on their NHS list, mine did that as he wasn’t sure how much Botox I would need as he couldn’t fully see my fissure, I ended up with 4 of the larger size so it’s a hood job I was on the NHS
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby missy moo » 22 Feb 2018, 16:35

Thanks hopefull123 I'm better now so is my son it took awhile to get mentally ok after all this I have over the last 7 months taken two bottles of probiotics in capsule form called inner health plus me an my son still both get thrush flair ups I'm getting another bottle today also funny you mentioned the bone broth I just found out about this stuff an made a hole bunch before my Botox so I could use it afterwards to help me heal I've been meaning to make some more I used a whole chicken an cooked it for 12hours does that sound right to you? It tasted amazing
Last edited by missy moo on 22 Feb 2018, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Hopefull123 » 22 Feb 2018, 16:52

I make mine with organic bone marrow beef bones and I add a pound of chicken feet. I don't eat them, but they release so much collagen and calcium. I simmer mine in a crock pot for 24 hrs. I don't flavor it with anything , so I can turn it to a dessert jello. I know some people may think this is gross but the broth is flavorless and the texture itself is like a jello if you cooked it for 24 hrs. That means there is so much collagen in it that heals ulcers. So I add a little home made raspberry juice by boiling raspberries and then flavoring it with honey and stevia. Add a little plain gelatin as well to the mixture, you can add vanilla and extra fruit flavoring, and I am telling you this is the best dessert. Bone broth in descize lol.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11