Girls don't poop...LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Girls don't poop...LIS

Postby Corsi » 22 Jun 2009, 08:06

Image You crack me up Kim, that one was both sweet and funny Image
I am in that 70% you know Image
Is it OK if I take Grumpter with me on holiday? I PROMISE picture of Grumpter on the beach, cafe, etc. If I bring him it's like bringing you boardies too...
Thanks Tabby & Macy Image
It's not first the time macy, it happend in May too. I was very stressed then too. It happend quite often in the months after surgery, but I have thought that it was healed by now Image
I know why it happend Tabby, stress and things going on in my head..hope things will settle down soon. I know stress is the worst thing since I have my lovely digestion disease and I get a terrible stomach ache, but it easier said than down to destress and calm down...
Image Corsi Image
Last edited by Corsi on 27 Feb 2010, 06:48, edited 2 times in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2009, 08:31

How long does it take for you to feel better after one of these Corsi? It's hard for me to know as last time I had a BM like this was only a month after my surgery. Occasionally I get some burning but nothing like this. I literally felt myself tearing a little but was powerless to stop it. I just started crying last night as I have a busy summer planned and don't want to be in constant pain.
Where are you going for your holiday? How old is your son?

Postby Corsi » 22 Jun 2009, 09:05

Last time I could feel the tightness for a week, and the tear was painful for 3-4 days and then it calmed down. I felt that I tore too, but I couldn't stop. During a BM there's a point of no return...like childbirth. I feel desperate sometimes...will this ever be OK or normal like. It's crazy
Macy, the only thing we want to do is to "crap and go" like everybody else.
2 weeks ago I had very hard BMs too, was stressed because we were going away.
I know how you feel Macy, it's like all the old bad stuff comes back, and also the fear that things will be as bad as Image
They are teenagers :)
We are going to France/Italy. Last summer when we went on holiday I was laying down when I packed, and my hubby and children had to do most of it. I was lucky and could lay down on the plane too...
Where are you going this summer?
Last edited by Corsi on 27 Feb 2010, 06:45, edited 3 times in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jun 2009, 09:15

I think Grumpster needs a holiday and it would be wonderful if you took him, Corsi! Imagine how grumpy her would be if you left him behind, knowing you are going to CORSICA!?!?!
Deleted User 5

Postby pinky » 22 Jun 2009, 09:55

Dear Corsi,
Sorry you are in pain.Stress is surely not good for us.But its life and we cant expect to be stress free.Even ive had slow moving and hard Bms the last 2 days as we were visiting friends and ate too much and all the wrong stuff without much fibre.it does ache a bit but no ripping i hope.what supplements are you taking?have u stopped movicol?
Hope the holiday will relax you.Have a great holiday and hope you wont be in pain.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Corsi » 22 Jun 2009, 14:04

Kim wrote:I think Grumpster needs a holiday and it would be wonderful if you took him, Corsi! Imagine how grumpy her would be if you left him behind, knowing you are going to CORSICA!?!?!
Yeah, he needs some sunshine I think. I shall remember to put sunscreen on him. Have to put him in my suitcase, can you imagine if they check my luggage Image
You are right Pinky, life isn't stress free... Have stopped Movicol, is on 10 ml lactulose now (divided on first and last meal). See mail Pinky Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2009, 15:21

Just going to a place that pretty should be calming!!! I hope it goes well Corsi.
What is lactulose?

Postby Corsi » 24 Jun 2009, 03:29

Lactulose is something to make the BMs soft, it's not addictive like Movicol/Miralax. There are different types. Some get cramps and gas when they take it.
Me and my Image fissure are leaving for France now, I cannot believe that it has opened again - I just hate my fissure (/%¤"#"#&/¤()¤ !!!
Hope you are all well and healing Image
CU Image Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2009, 03:45

Movicol/Miralax is not addictive ! It comes from the same family as lactolose and works the same way – it draws water into the bowel to loosen stools to make BMS soft the bowel is not dependent on it..
Wishing you a wonderful relaxing holiday Image
Have fun Corsi Image Image Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jun 2009, 05:41

You and your family (including Grumpster) have fun for all of us, Corsi!!
Deleted User 5