Guess what? LIS....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Guess what? LIS....

Postby cherylk » 14 Jan 2009, 05:55

I think our gut feelings mean a lot, Corsi. I am glad that you are feeling relieved. When will you find out the date of the surgery??
Last edited by cherylk on 14 Jan 2009, 07:37, edited 1 time in total.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jan 2009, 07:00

Corsi, you can read my surgery thread if you want, but be warned: I had a couple of hard bumps during my recovery but you shouldn't have them....I fell off my diet immediately afterwards, and that combined with the pain killers made me constipated and I had it rough for the first three or four days...but I would certainly still do it again. I was "Hugh" Ithurtstosit back then...
http://anal-fissure.org/considering-surgery-or-already-had-it-f1/hugh-a-perfect-ass-t60.htm
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 14 Jan 2009, 07:37

Corsica wrote:I asked him the questions Tabby, or at least I felt that he answered whatever I asked him. I asked about how long the Botox lasts, and he said 2 months, but that it gradually looses it's impact from day one. Makes sense for me, my last shot was November 4th.
He said that 95% get pain free after LIS, but he also informed me about the risks. He told me that it was up to me about the LIS thing, but I feel that we decided this together. I have not been incontinent more than 3 times and that was after my first botox.

I asked my CRS this question too he said the botox can last anywhere from 2 weeks to 12 weeks !
Your latter comment - what do you mean ??? Image
I hope you are feeling better today Image

Postby Guest » 14 Jan 2009, 09:47

It can be such a relief to feel like we are moving forward even though it means a huge comittment like surgery and recovery, but I think the healing from surgery is less psychologically oppressive because you know it is supposed to hurt and it is from healing rather than an ongoing pain that has no rhyme or reason.
I felt a sense of peace about getting the hem surgery, even though I have had a hard time getting over it. I had tried everything else and I finally felt like we are going to deal with this once and for all. I know some people feel immediate relief after LIS surgery or at least some better, let's hope that is you!
What will you do about work now?

Postby Mr. Fissure » 14 Jan 2009, 10:31

In regards to what Cherylk said, Our gut feelings are important. Doctors have the training but we are the ones living in our bodies, I decided to get a second opinion from a gut feeling and got a totally different diagnosis and decided to cancell my surgery.
Mr. Fissure
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 14 Jan 2009, 13:06

Yip i agree go with vibes and gut feelings Image

Postby Jo » 14 Jan 2009, 14:21

Hey Corsi,
I am glad you are getting a good solution for your fissure. I've been missing lots of discussion lately but am happy that you are getting LIS, it sounds like it will really help you and you will finally get to recover from this!! Yeah!!!
Image Image Image
Let us all know when you get a "date".
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Corsi » 14 Jan 2009, 16:05

I guess I will get a letter telling me when LIS is on, he said that the waiting is 4 months, but that it would be earlier than that. As soon as possible for my sake, I would like to be well soon, and be able to do some gardening this spring - could't do anything last summer, and I LOVE gardening. I don't count on being able to do that, will not get my hopes up!
I have read your thread Kim, remember I asked for it...I remember the bumps...I actually thought of them on my way home from the hospital yesterday...I do expect pain and discomfort, but it's a comfort that you and others have "survived". Remember Jen, how desperate she was after surgery, and now she is well.
"I have not been incontinent more than 3 times and that was after my first botox"
I mean that it only happend 3 times that I was incontinent, and that was on my way to the :flush:
Tootie wrote: but I think the healing from surgery is less psychologically oppressive because you know it is supposed to hurt and it is from healing rather than an ongoing pain [b]that has no rhyme or reason.[/b]

I agree, and this is one of the things that almost has made me crazy...what works one week may cause catastrophe the next week, and also the FRAGILTY of things. So little can cause retearing, and I think that is what made me go for LIS. If I had more Botox, and then after 2 more months I would retear or one hard BM and BLOOD again. Also the feeling of being too tight made me go for it....
I will continue to work Lecia, but very little - just enough to NOT feel like a complete worthless failure. That's how I have felt the last year. I want to be able to work and live a relatively normal life.
Thank you all of you :redlove: Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 15 Jan 2009, 13:34

You were only incontinent 3 times ???
LOL - I was incontinent for a good 12 weeks+ Image

Postby Corsi » 15 Jan 2009, 13:42

How incontinent? Every day? I didn't experience incontinence...when I had to go to the toilet I had time to go to the toilet... I wasn't afraid of going out because of incontinence....
Cheryl, did we have a date here? I am OK, yesterday I had almost NO pain during BM or blood. Today the tight pain feeling was back and a little blood.
I'm still very relieved about the LIS thing, today I went shopping and found a few things on sale :D It's like I don't care now, I want to live more normal.
How are you Cheryl?
Corsica Image Tabby & Cheryl
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18