Guess what? LIS....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Guess what? LIS....

Postby Guest » 15 Jan 2009, 13:52

Yes everyday - I had to rush every morning :oops: It only happened at my routine times so it didnt concern me going out and about !
I am glad you are feeling better Corsi - I think this will be just what you need !
2009 baby Image

Postby cherylk » 15 Jan 2009, 14:29

Corsi,
I'm doing OK. I'm betting you are so relieved knowing that you have a plan of action even though you don't know the date yet for surgery. I have been reading about a trip to Norway. I'd send you the link, but there isn't one as it is sponsored by my college alumni association. The trip is throug Norway's fjords, the north cape, and Rusian's White Sea on the M.S. Le Diamant. My husband sent me some pictures of Norway in the winter. I'll try to send you those and you can let me know if they look accurate!!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Corsi » 16 Jan 2009, 09:12

LIS will be in February, Monday 23.
I got a letter today...
I am so relieved :) still pain and bleeding though.... When I read the letter it became real to me, but I am sure I will do it...still happy with the decision.
Send me those pictures Cheryl, I have problems opening some of the attachements you send, but pictures should be OK.
I read that schools were closed because it was -7 degrees, is that true? -7 is like a summer breeze here Image
It's good that you are doing OK Image
Tabbybutt Image , that's what I told my CRS too, Im so regular with my BM so if I were to become incontinent it would be then. Don't misunderstand, that would be serious business, but...
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 16 Jan 2009, 09:26

Hey thats a date !!! Image
I love your sig Corsi that is sooo funny :D

Postby Corsi » 16 Jan 2009, 09:35

Got it from my surgeon, should I worry?
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 16 Jan 2009, 09:53

I love that sig, Corsi. That is toooo funny. I sent you the attachment of the Norway pictures--beautiful. Let me know if you don't get them. I am glad that you are feeling relieved. Oftentimes the indecision is bad for us, I think. I.E.--which doc should I see, which procedure/plan of action is best, etc.
YES, schools here are closed for the second consecutive day. I hope to go out this aft for awhile to do so me errands as the cold is supposed to abate after midday.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 16 Jan 2009, 13:32

Wow-you got your date so quickly. Isn't that a relief! I know once I knew I was going to have hem surgery, I figured what is the worst that can happen to my butt between now and surgery. So I actually got out more and did things I hadn't done in awhile since I knew I couldn't make it worse now that I was having surgery and I would be recovering a long time. (of course, you won't be so long, since it is a different procedure!)

Postby Corsi » 19 Jan 2009, 10:32

This will be 5 long weeks waiting for LIS, pain and bleeding with every BM. I hate my butt!
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 19 Jan 2009, 10:48

Is there any chance of a cancellation that might result in you getting in sooner?
:nevergive:
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 19 Jan 2009, 11:49

Hey Corsi
Do you have any creams you can use until then ? It might just take the edge off Image
It sure would be worth phoning in and putting your name down for a cancellation just incase !
Sending big hugs Image