Guess what? LIS....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Guess what? LIS....

Postby val » 20 Jan 2009, 16:48

I'm sure the time will fly by Corsi - look how long you've been suffering with all this! Not too long before its all over and your butt will be well on its way to being healed!
Yeah, cancellation lists are a great idea, it could make your wait a lot less.
Best of luck! xx
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Corsi » 21 Jan 2009, 08:32

Thanks Cheryl, Tabby & Val Image
I had a complete meltdown yesterday. It's obvious that botox is out of my body, it's pain and blood every day now.
I'm back on nitro, liquid food and of course - as little food as possible.
What goes in, has to go out Image
Life can really be a joy sometimes!
Bloody Mary
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 21 Jan 2009, 08:45

Corsi,
Maybe the nitro will help. Did you consider trying to get on a cancellation list? Sorry you are experiencing such pain and agony. Image
I'll share your situation and ask Dwight to pray for you. It can't hurt, and it might help!!
Cheryl :nevergive:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 21 Jan 2009, 08:58

Oh Corsi
I am sorry this pain is back in full force Image
Your life is going to get better I just know it Image
We are here for you Corsi – Stay strong and no more meltdowns recuperate your energy’s for surgery Ok !!
Take care of you Image
xx

Postby Corsi » 27 Jan 2009, 11:56

How do you like my new signature picture? It's me, I look older than 40 something I know, but this is what fissures do to us... Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 27 Jan 2009, 12:09

I don't think it is a true likeness at all but it sure is how it feels to have this.
How many of your calories do you drink?

Postby Corsi » 27 Jan 2009, 12:32

I don't know...one strawberrysmoothie and juice for breakfast, one mango/avocado smootie and 1 or 2 eggs for lunch, 15 kidney beans and one relatively small piece of fish for lunch, and something more normal for dinner. I take fishoil for breakfast and olive oil for dinner.
I might take one more smoothie in the evening, it depends...
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 27 Jan 2009, 12:35

So, do you find that your poop is less in volume at all? Is your body started to rebel and crave solid food? No one understands why we have to go to such lengths.
Are you hungry?

Postby Corsi » 27 Jan 2009, 12:48

Before when my fissure was big everything with my BM hurt, but now when it is smaller and tries to heal it is the beginning of the BM that hurts most...afterwards it's more intense burning. And since I'm a morning pooper it's what I eat in the morning that comes out first, and to answer your question - yes it is less volume and softer (I use lactulose in my smoothies).
I was very hungry the first days and craved solid food, but my body have adjusted well. I have done this almost for a year now on and off, and except during Christmas I have had smoothies for breakfast for months.
I eat every 3rd hour and it helps. Don't know if it is healthy, but like you say Lecia...what we do to avoid pain. My husband says I should eat/live more normal before surgery, but I just cannot live with the pain Image
I just cannot enjoy food whan I know what nightmare comes the next morning....
Last edited by Anonymous on 27 Jan 2009, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby pinky » 27 Jan 2009, 13:21

My dear Corsi,i can understand how you feel.we've been through it and its terrible.each day in pain seems like a lifetime.wonder why noone treats it immediately and we are left in pain.But im glad you are getting the LIS soon.the spasms will be gone immediately but its the soreness and bruising.LIS has helped me,atleast the spasms are gone.you will get better and all this pain will end.i struggled coz of diarrohea and infection.it was the horrible burning sensation for ard 30mins after pooping and then i was fine,just some soreness.
I'm praying there's a cancellation and u can have ur surgery soon.dont think of the risks now.what choice do u have?its worth taking the risk to end this pain.what life is it with a fissure?u will have ur life back soon.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6