Hello. New here and looking for information.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello. New here and looking for information.

Postby Deleted User 7832 » 22 Jun 2019, 02:05

Hello I’m new here and have been suffering from a fissure on and off for about 5 months. It actually healed on its own for a couple weeks and came back suddenly. The biggest issue I face now is small leakage after a BM. After I go I will have to clean again in an hour or so and this is only after I’ve went. The pain has gone down considerably (unless I’ve been sitting for a while) but it’s very hard to stay clean. Does anyone know if this issue goes away over time? I’d rather not have surgery for this reason alone when that’s one of the risks with surgery in the first place. Any information is helpful. Thank you!!
Deleted User 7832

Re: Hello. New here and looking for information.

Postby dmcff » 22 Jun 2019, 03:35

Hi, sorry that you're experiencing this. Without a little more information, such as your age, gender and location, it's hard to be specific, but a sitz bath - if you have the time and space to use one - can be helpful with issues of cleaning. There are also irrigation systems like Qufora (https://www.macgregorhealthcare.com/qufora-irrisedo-mini/). It might be best to consult a qualified colorectal physiotherapist, and get some professional advice.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby Deleted User 7832 » 22 Jun 2019, 05:48

I’m a 27yr old male. My fissure was horrible when I first got it at the beginning of the year. Now it’s just a nagging pain I only get from time to time. The staying clean is the hard part as I’m almost thinking it’s muscle damage causing this. I might have to schedule an appointment soon. Thanks for the advice
Deleted User 7832

Postby appleapple » 22 Jun 2019, 06:33

Maybe see a pelvic floor physical therapist?

Best wishes!
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby tightbutt5678 » 23 Jun 2019, 03:46

Are you applying any ointment? Something like rectogesic relaxes the muscle which might cause leakage if you have a very strong reaction to it? But I haven't heard of anyone getting leakage from this so it'll definitely be best to see a CRS. Perhaps your stools are too soft and BMs are incomplete? Squatting always helps me get complete evacuation and nothing gets left behind.
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Deleted User 7832 » 23 Jun 2019, 05:10

I won’t have anything left over if stool is dry but if it has any moisture I have to make a couple trips back to the bathroom to clean during the day. I used to use nifedipine for months and I think it helped healing a lot but I ran out. It very well could be because of incomplete stools though. Thanks for the tip!
Deleted User 7832

Postby tightbutt5678 » 24 Jun 2019, 04:14

No worries! Hope you can work it out. I have found squatting over a bowl then emptying it into the loo is the most comfortable way to go and have a complete emptying out with zero pushing. If I sit on the loo with my legs raised, I think it helps but doesn't evacuate as effectively. I imagine proper squatting combined with formed stools should help you, I hope!
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here