hello

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: hello

Postby cherylk » 14 Feb 2009, 08:19

Dazzy,
Did the Movicol do the trick???
:hvd1:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby derryboy » 15 Feb 2009, 10:19

well i have 5 in total of of movicol so far but still no bm.
a ot f tumy rumbbing and wind but nothing else, s ths normal, my distric nurse as told me to up the dose to 3 aday today, oh i dunno no, jst getting so fed up now.
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby cherylk » 15 Feb 2009, 11:47

Dazzy,
Did you take only one sachet?
xx
cherylk
VIP

Postby derryboy » 15 Feb 2009, 13:33

hi , sorry the 1st day i took 1 sachet
yesterday i had 2 sachets
today ive just finished my 3rd
mixed with water made me gag,
my nurse told me to mx it with either
grape and pear juice or pineapple juice
pineapple i must say makes it yummy stuff,
lots of gas and rumbbling tummy
but no bm at the mo Image Image
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby Corsi » 16 Feb 2009, 04:42

I understand your "grrrrrrrrrrr" mood Darren :) , but don't give up.
Mix Movicol with orange juice, I do and it tastes good.
How long since your procedure? You haven't had a BM since then?
How is the pain down south?
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 16 Feb 2009, 07:46

:roll: Any movement today Dazzy ????
I would think a dose of 3 or more schaets DAILY ! would do the trick ! if not it can be upped some - that nurse has the right idea !
Faecal impaction:
A dose is 8 sachets a day of MOVICOL is needed for the treatment of faecal impaction. The 8 sachets should be taken within 6 hours for up to 3 days if required. If you have a heart condition do not take more than 2 sachets in any one hour.
http://emc.medicines.org.uk/medicine/15033/PIL/MOVICOL%2013.8g%20sachet,%20powder%20for%20oral%20solution/

Postby Guest » 16 Feb 2009, 07:58

I would definitely call the office and let them know that you still haven't gone. After an enema and all the different things you have tried to get things going I too worry about impaction. Please double check with your doctor and make sure this isn't a concern.

Postby cherylk » 16 Feb 2009, 08:02

Toot/Tab,
I was also thinking about impaction. I cannot understand why the Movicol isn't working?????
cherylk
VIP

Postby derryboy » 16 Feb 2009, 09:38

well update time....
a new nurse today came in to see me, done her thing unpacked and packed the open wound from the abcess etc,
asked how the movicol was getting on, i had three altogether yesterday, gave me lots of tummy wind and made me pass wind.. but thats all, she asked if i had pain in my tummy area, i said no , just rumbling. i asked her about faecal impaction but as am still just eating soups/ jellys/and drinking water, then in her words, there nothing to come out hense the wind, ive been told to start eating cauilflower/cabbage/ etc, light stuff but just more heaver than soup, to see if that works.
the nurses b4 told me even with soups /jellys etc there should be something to come out, so hey am in no-man lands, every nurse seems to give me a different take on how things should be, with movicol,
i was told to stay on 3 today and things woud be re-acessed tomorrow... but hey it wont be the same nurse as today, i understand totaly the weekends are a bit all over the place and short staffed so i do expected different nurses, but wot gets me is they all have a different take and outlook on things, i saw the same nurse mon-fri last week, which was gd,
now this who no`s how many different 1`s i will see, and will all have different views no doubt,
just so bloody sick of this whole situation, its not as if am not asking questions, or asking about concerns which i might have, cuz i no at times i ask the same questions 2/3 x.
its all getting me down, and ive told the nurse/nurses this, but all they seem to say we will re-acess tomorrow, but wen to morrow cums, hey its a new nurse,
oh and my gp is up to speed, i spoke to him, on the fone, nd he seems to think 3 movicol today again, then up it to 4 and so on til i have 8 inaday,
just feels a very lonely place to be at the moment, lots of do this , do that, but nothing in the bm department is happening, and lying on yer side 22 hrs aday aint much fun,
i guess though i should stop moaning, watching the news about jade goody makes my perdicament look very very minor.
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 16 Feb 2009, 09:46

Who is Jade Goody and what happened?
cherylk
VIP