How badly does your fissure hurt?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How badly does your fissure hurt?

Postby Marsh37 » 04 Apr 2010, 10:59

Temptation is a horrible thing. Like tonight after cooking a easter meal I will only be able to eat the collard greens. While everyone else is eatting Image the ham, mac n cheese and potatoe salad...Geez
Marsh37
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby StevePain » 04 Apr 2010, 11:57

Today I had a turkey dinner for easter with new potatoes green beans carrots and peas, this should be ok for me as turkey is white meat, plus the added veg and the usual water and stool softeners throughout the day will ensure a decent evacuation tomorrow morning, fingers crossed :roll:
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 Apr 2010, 13:32

I personally have officially given up and am now just eating whatever I want :) After nearly a year of keeping a super strict diet and still not healing, I figure I'm damned if I don't and damned if I do, so might as well do Image
The last couple of days I've had huge bags of potato chips, tons of chocolates, and yesterday I had a whole plate full of constipating chocolate chip cookies! Interestingly I didn't get any pain during today's two BMs so far, but it they were definitely bulky and there was some bleeding both times. First time I've had bleeding without pain which is weird.
Anyhow I think at this point I've stopped caring and am just going to get LIS sometime in the near future. Just need to get past my fear and schedule it. I think I'll have some beers tonight, too, total "screw it" mode for me now :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 Apr 2010, 13:41

P.S.
Just so that I don't seem like I'm overly cavalier about the whole thing, I should say that if I were getting bothersome pain during or after BMs, I probably wouldn't be as eager about consuming anything in sight. But since so far it's just bleeding with some mild discomfort, a couple nice frosty pints of Guinness is looking pretty appetizing :)
Still not sure why I'm getting bleeding with no pain though. Maybe the diltiazem is taking away the pain without actually healing the fissure? Oh well, can't complain I guess.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 04 Apr 2010, 15:10

NG, i've put my diet on the back burner this weekend, since it's easter time i've been indulging a little bit, apart from the turkey dinner I had today, I have also had potato chips, chocolate and 4 beers, i'm with you, well almost anyway, i'm just clinging on to my diet but desperately want to let go, temptation is all around me and it's just a matter of time before I simply give in, the diet has helped, there's no denying that but the problem is still there so the way I see it is to have a bit of enjoyment and by that I mean eat whatever tickles my fancy.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 04 Apr 2010, 16:05

Steve,
I pretty much eat what I want now, but am trying to watch high calorie items since I am now hoping to lose a couple of pounds! :roll: But I realize that is a far cry from an AF diet. I used to really detest having to eat since it was so fricking BORING!! I guess that is why I became so thin. I'm basically just trying to watch refined foods now and desserts (staying away from both of those).
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 Apr 2010, 20:08

LOL ok my glory was shortlived. Had a few more hard BMs today and now there's definitely pain. More than I've felt recently. Well it was fun while it lasted. Hope you made out better than I did Steve! If this doesn't improve over the next week I think it's just LIS time!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 05 Apr 2010, 02:52

So far so good, been to the bathroom this morning had a couple of easy BM's with minimal pain and the usual dull ache afterwards, I sneaked a soup in yesterday between all the other stuff which I think has definitely helped, don't think i'll end up dropping the diet altogether as the thought of a hard BM is too scarey but will keep alternating my foods to see what agrees and what disagrees, and all being well, in 23 days when I see the CRS I will finally know whether or not i'll get the surgery, to be perfectly honest i'm not scared of it, i'm more scared of this thing getting out of control like it did in the beginning, that's when I just couldn't cope, i'll never know how I got through the start of my fissure, it's left a mental scar
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 05 Apr 2010, 06:56

I think fear, anxiety, and apprehension can easily add fuel to the fire (makes it worse) of the whole fissure ordeal--I feel that it did for me!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Apr 2010, 10:56

I'm on board with you now Steve :) I think I'm done messing around and will just get LIS. It's down to a two-CRS race for me. I see one this Wednesday and have already seen the other one, and will then pick which one does it. I'm still pretty worried about it but I want my life back.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure