How to use nitroglycerin ointment?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How to use nitroglycerin ointment?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Aug 2009, 12:28

macymae wrote:seriously, you can eat, please don't starve. I lost 22 pounds that way and it didn't have any more effect than eating did. You need nutrition.....your body needs it to heal. I don't mean go all out, but please do eat. You'll learn what processes well in your body and what doesn't.

Thanks, Macy. I'm trying to force myself to, but won't lie, it's kind of a psychological game that I'm not necessarily winning at the moment. I'm 5'8" and have been about 140 lbs my whole adult life, but am down to about 120 lbs now. So objectively I know you're absolutely right, I'm not doing myself any favors by not eating. Now it's just a matter of overcoming my fear... I'm working on that part, and it helps a lot to hear from yourself and others who have gone through the same before -- thank you for that!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2009, 12:34

hey no problem. I got mine at Christmas and didn't eat for like two months. It was hard for me to, I was so scared, but I knew I had to. I just ate small, healthy portions. Don't let the fissure get the best of you!

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Aug 2009, 12:43

Dang Christmas is a bad time to get something like this, I'm sorry to hear that. I can only imagine how it must have been with family and friends around ... probably all jolly and pigging out on food while you suffered with the stupid fissure!
I've been feeling kind of faint and really low in energy lately, so I think I'm getting to the point where I have to force myself to eat or else risk even worse consequences. I just downed a 1/4 dose of Miralax and am going to grab a small sandwich for lunch.
I think the part I love the most about talking with you all on this forum is that all these weird kinds of avoidance I'm engaging in because of the fissure, like not eating, or wanting to disappear from the earth rather than ever have another bowel movement, which no "normal" people around me would ever understand, are understood and familiar to you guys. It will sound bizarre, but when I'm having one of those bowel movements from hell, it helps to think of all the folks here who have beaten the condition before :D
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Aug 2009, 12:44

I went through that phase, too. I lost an incredible amount of weight!
On the other hand, the fish & rice diet sounds good...soft foods!! (I love fish w/rice!)!!
Deleted User 5

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Aug 2009, 12:48

Kim, you're on the computer all day, you like fish and rice, are you sure you're not just a Californian who wandered over to the wrong coast? Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Aug 2009, 12:52

Last time I checked I was clear across the continent on the East Coast! You should have asked Macy that question -- she semi-qualifies more than me!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2009, 13:08

Hey I live in Florida, but have lived in Cali!!!
It's not weird at all. I didn't find this forum until after I had surgery and had suffered a little while. I felt so alone and isolated myself. Until I founf this forum! It's great for good and bad days...
Yes it was a bad time, not there is any good time!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Aug 2009, 13:50

That's why we're here -- to give encouragement and support and sometimes post funny/cute avatars like Macy's!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2009, 13:58

I'm cute!! LOL

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Aug 2009, 14:01

This forum really is a life saver, I'm definitely having a bad fissure day (just had another terrible BM) and wouldn't know where to turn without it!
Looks like a lot of dog lovers here, I will have to snap a pic of my cat for an avatar to balance things out Image I don't think she can smile like Macy's avatar though, is that his normal expression or did you bribe him into it somehow???
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure