How to use nitroglycerin ointment?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How to use nitroglycerin ointment?

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2009, 14:06

It's actually the dog I might be adopting...a friend in trouble type of thing. He's just a happy baby!
I have cats too! I should post a pic....and yes let's see yours!
What kind of BM was it? hard, soft? Let's talk poo..

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Aug 2009, 14:16

Haha from dogs to cats to poo, gotta love this place! Yeah it was a rather hard poo, with some decent bleeding. One of my coworkers who's had hemorrhoid surgery before elegantly described his first post-op BM as "passing a football followed by a rose bush" and this one felt kind of like several footballs :-)
Last weekend Miralax gave me watery diarrhea so I got scared of stool softeners and stopped them for several days, but now I'm feeling the consequences for sure. Got back on the Miralax this morning, so hopefully the hard stools that are already in the "pipeline" clear out soon!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2009, 14:28

I understand. Right out of surgery they gave me miralax and um well it was BAD BAD BAD...
you'll get on the right track...I didn't read...have you tried anything else? Did Kim tell you about Colace? I take that and its good. If I eat really bad I will use half dosages of miralax....
where's the cat pic??

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Aug 2009, 14:42

Hey, Macy! Give him time on the kitty pic, he's still at work, can't you tell? Image
Deleted User 5

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Aug 2009, 14:44

Haha no cat pic yet, I've gotta see what I have when I get home later :-) I'm kind of a technological luddite, even though I work in computers, my wife owns all of the technological gadgets around the house like digital cameras and I only touch them when need be.
Yup Kim mentioned liquid Colace to me, but for some weird reason none of my local drug stores seem to carry any. All they have is the gel caps, which I've tried but didn't get much mileage out of. I could order some online, but it'll take days to get here so I figure I'll give 1/4 doses of Miralax a go first.
I'd liken Miralax to a nuclear reactor: effective as all heck, but a challenge to properly "harness the power for good".
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Aug 2009, 14:53

I love tech gadgets. I am thinking about saving up for an ipod touch. They are so expensive, though!
I've worked in IT before, NG, and I KNOW. Once you spend all day with a computer (working,not playing) you just want to get back to the stone age for a while... :0
Deleted User 5

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Aug 2009, 15:01

Kim wrote:I love tech gadgets. I am thinking about saving up for an ipod touch. They are so expensive, though!
I've worked in IT before, NG, and I KNOW. Once you spend all day with a computer (working,not playing) you just want to get back to the stone age for a while... :0

LOL ok yup that's truly spoken by one who knows. Before I went into the tech industry, I was madly in love with all the new techno toys that came out. But after having been in software for about 10 years, when I go home I just want to avoid anything to do with computers. As I see it now, computers are good for about two things: the Internet, and video games :)
The iPod Touch is nice, I bought one for my wife a little while ago. She plays with her iPod, BlackBerry, digital cameras, tablet PCs and other gizmos and I go work on cars in the garage like a caveman :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Aug 2009, 15:11

Oh, so how much car work have you delved into? I have gotten as far as tuning up my old truck, did a good job if I must say so myself!
Yep, good for the internet only, here. I played so many video games growing up, that I just can't seem to enjoy them anymore, too predictable! I could kill a few hours with tetris on a long ride or plane flight, though...
Deleted User 5

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Aug 2009, 15:25

If you've tuned up your truck then I should probably be the one asking you questions Image I'm not too good with anything engine-related, I just do some basic stuff like various fluid changes, brakes, suspension, and some minor parts installs (I'm a big sports car fan and have spent inordinate amounts of money and time on them). Mostly it's a matter of convenience, instead of spending my weekday hours at the car shop, I do regular maintenance in the middle of the night when the mood strikes. I did try replacing the spark plugs once, ended up getting the timing all wrong so the car ran funny, gonna leave that one up to the pros in the future :) Even car work is on temporary hold, though, I tried jacking up the car for an oil change a couple weeks ago and the fissure pain from straining stopped that idea dead in its tracks!
I've got the opposite problem with video games: when I was a kid, I was real good at them and loved playing them. But video games now just don't register with me anymore, for some reason my mind can't grasp them as quickly as it used to, and I end up getting frustrated. So I solve that problem by playing only old games that I'm familiar with and good at!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Aug 2009, 15:32

Oh, well, my mind is no longer sharp with video games, either, not by long shot! I just don't get the enjoyment from them I used to. My wife actually bought me an xbox and I wound up giving to my son-in-law...
You grew up in the video game age and they're really nothing special, but when I was thirty, there was still a "wow" factor to them, which I have lost completely, too!
You do have to research which plug goes where (well,which wire goes where!) but the nice thing about my old f-150 is it's made for shade-tree mechanic type stuff. I had to have the radiator replaced in it a few months ago and the parts dealer was just shocked that I wasn't doing it myself, made it sound so easy!
Deleted User 5