I cant take this anymore!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: I cant take this anymore!

Postby bgd » 21 Apr 2013, 13:18

How long did it take for your botox to kick in the first time? Is you spasm level worse than before the first round of botox? Then wait a bit longer, proportionally.
Also my Dysport took about 10 days to kick in, had first spasm free BM on day 12. Also watch out with LIS while under the effect of botox. I also asked for LIS after my Dysport, cause it just wouldn't kick in as quick as I wished, but my doctor said it's totally not recommended since the cumulative effect of LIS and botox would significantly increase chances of incontinence.
Congrats for the baby!
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby hendrick181 » 21 Apr 2013, 13:21

Thanks for the suggestion.... Even today when i got the dialitzam in it still had no effect on reducing the spasm.....am out of ideas after this is the 4th or 5th cream that hasnt worked.
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby bgd » 21 Apr 2013, 13:32

When I went to see my doctor 1 week post Dysport, asking for cure or euthanasia, whichever he could achieve first, he said for some unfortunate patients it took 3 weeks to kick in, but it's usually 7-10 days.
Try to wait a bit longer. While waiting, what I did was go on a pure vegetarian diet, so there was no way I could get constipated. But then I found out very soft stool is just as bad as hard stool, cause it burns more, so added some rice to the diet. It's damn hard to keep it under control. Eventually I ended up eating less and holding back poop, so I would go every 3-4 days only. Might be a bad advice, but I just couldn't take 8-10-12-14 hours of pain everyday. At one point all I did was suffering and sleeping.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hendrick181 » 21 Apr 2013, 13:45

What is the dysport? I only ask because nothing else works anymore... The nitro and nefipedine i think i just developed a tolerance to so they stopped working. Latest was the dialtizam. None of these seem strong enuf to reduce the spasms....
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby hendrick181 » 21 Apr 2013, 13:47

Imback at that point of all day suffering! Let me know if u stumble on to that euthanasia!! Lol
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby bgd » 21 Apr 2013, 13:50

I too have found nothing worked on the spasm. Creams would just burn me more, cold bath would contract the muscle more, hot bath would cause swelling. Even the anesthetic gel I received from my doctor would burn like hell when applied during spasm.
However it is important not to stay dry. I had to make sure I'd put in the cream with the applicator before the spasm would start, otherwise no way I could get anything up there. It felt like I was poking into raw flesh and my hole was like it didn't existed, so strong the spasm was.
What gave some comfort was to put cream in excess, also on the inside, beyond the anal canal, which is about 2 cm. So I would stick in the applicator about 3 cm and put about 5ml of cream in the rectum, then as I remove the applicator it would flow into the anal canal as well and on the outside. I know it's a lot, but I could do it cause I'm using a mix of herbal ointments. Those chemical creams didn't work for me.
What some people swear on here on the board is Manuka Honey and Tinactin. I already ordered Manuka, if it doesn't work I'm going for Tinactin. I'm willing to try anything before my Dysport wears off in order to heal the wound. No way I'm going back to those spasms.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bgd » 21 Apr 2013, 13:58

Dysport is basically botox, some other version of it. Pretty much the same thing, for some reason it is preferred here in Europe, at least for ass related affairs. What I read is Dysport spreads more than botox, so botox would be more of a precision instrument for wrinkles and stuff. On the other hand Dysport could be more suitable for larger muscle, like the anal muscle.
It kinda makes sense when I see all the bad stats with botox, while my doctor swears Dysport has worked on his every patient.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bgd » 21 Apr 2013, 14:07

Ah, one thing that worked, but only a couple of times, during spasm. Put your legs up on a stack of pillows, spread them and open your butt cheeks. This should put some counter force on the anal muscle, not letting it to squeeze that much on the fissure.
I also found passing gas would give some moments of relief, as it opens the anus, so I started eating beans and stuff. But sometimes the spams would be so strong I couldn't even pass gas and if I did it would hurt like hell.
Regular painkillers didn't help either, at points I thought calling ER and ask for morphine would be justified, but never actually did it.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hendrick181 » 21 Apr 2013, 14:32

Wow its like i wrote that post! I have all those same symptoms.... Thanks so much for the info. I dont think tinactin will do anything for the spasm right? I also read that it helps with the fissure but i dont think its supposed to help with spasms....
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Postby bgd » 21 Apr 2013, 16:14

I hear you brother. I think we who have those unreal spasms also have very large fissures. Looking back in time, I think I've had fissures for 20 years, but always thought it must be roids. I could only live with them since they were small and generated no spasm, thus healing by themselves. My current fissures started in November but I only got spasms starting a month ago, end of March. I'm guessing before March it was smaller, so it didn't generate a spasm. When I first got to the doctor April 1st he told me it's 1.5 cm long. Might not sound like a lot, but considering the fact that the whole anal canal is only 2 cm long, that means basically that my whole ass is cracked, more or less.
Bottom of the line, if you can get some healing on the wound itself and get it filled with new skin, that should also reduce and eventually eliminate the spasm. I also understand spasm starts when the wound is deep enough to approach the muscle fibers, which are very rich in nerves, thus stimulating them the muscle gets into spasm.
bgd
Proctosphincteranalogist