I'm home!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I'm home!!

Postby owmybum » 28 Jul 2013, 05:03

Still no improvement.
Hems still agrivated,
Burning after bm that seems to radiate up my bum crack,
Awful coccyx pain still there... Seems to be getting worse.
I can seriously say Botox was not my magic answer. It has made me a lot worse.
Oh..... And my 8 week check up in August has been moved to 20th September.
Sorry it's not positive news guys... I feel like a bit of a broken record!!
I will update when I get any answers/news.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Please go-away! » 28 Jul 2013, 08:51

No your not a broken record, Omb, I wish you could call the them back and insist that they make your appointment earlier. I feel for your pain..Image 
It's no better here in Canada, for just a Consultation to see the top CRS is, is..are you ready..lol, February/2014, MY Gastrologist had to refer me.
I have the letter,the exact date is on it, it's placed in a canvas tote ,hanging on my bedroom door. If I look at it I get to feeling down.
Let's hope news is good new's soon. Take care, Just pamper your self today , if you can..Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Rachael 1984 » 29 Jul 2013, 06:49

OMB, I want to hug you... Please don't give up hope. I know it is soul destroying when things don't improve. How far in are you from having the Botox? I am only seeing improvement now and I am 17 weeks in. Maybe a little more time is required for the hems to go down and the Fissure to settle! Can't believe the appointment being moved. Why so?!! Hope you can get some improvement soon OMB. Xxxxxxxxx:hugs: 
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby richibeno » 29 Jul 2013, 09:38

Hi omb '
Sorry to hear your in discomfort and some pain
Would be able to go and see Mr Windsor for a private
Consultation '
He has a private practice at the London clinic Harley St
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Davo » 29 Jul 2013, 10:48

Hi OMB,
Just catching up on your progress and I am sad to see things aren't going your way at the moment. Unfortunately we don't tend to see many Botox success stories on this board but I was hoping you were going to be the exception to this.
To be honest you have been under the care of one the best surgeons this country has to offer so if he couldn't get Botox to work on you then I guess nobody could.
The problem with the NHS is that everything is about cost and even if you are an ideal LIS candidate you would still have to take the cheaper alternative (Botox) first.
As said above you could pay for a private consultation at his Harley Street clinic but he could not make any changes to the NHS wait for surgeries or procedures.
I hope however that this is just a healing blip - I know you said you still have discomfort from hemmys and the like but do you still have the fissure pain? Can you still see the fissure if you squat above a mirror placed on the floor?
Davo
Davo

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 Jul 2013, 12:44

OMB x
I'm sorry to read you feel that you are not improving. Image
I'm hoping Rachael is right in a way and that 6 weeks is still early days in your recovery and things pick up soon for you but it must all be incredibly disheartening for you too.
I know it took a few weeks longer than 6 weeks for me for the hemmies to become a lot more manageable again, so I would just say hang in there with those, but as Davo asks, what are you actually feeling from the fissure site? Is the pain as it was or have the sensations changed at all? Has the coccyx pain worsened??
Are they going to give you an MRI scan at your next appointment? (and was this with Mr Windsor?) Sorry, lots of questions!......
I really can't stress how long it takes to get over and heal from these issues but I am hoping for you very much that it is just a matter of time and there's nothing more that you have to worry about.....Image
Take it easy, try to stay strong and positive. Life really won't always be like this. x x x x x
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby owmybum » 30 Jul 2013, 11:21

Thank you all for your encouraging words.
Eto...The fissure site is burning again..... This stopped for a while at the begining. The song 'ring of fire' perfectly describes my anus! Lol I haven't heard anything about the scan yet. Coccyx pain is just the same... And it feels like its spread across the bottom of my back a bit.
Davo... I can't see my fissure, never have been able to. My poor husband has even been down there with a torch!!
I have stopped using all the hem my creams I have.. Simply everything is irritating me. Any suggestions for a soothing, calming cream.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Mood: UGH !

Postby Please go-away! » 30 Jul 2013, 11:33

I know this is a long shot, can you put a high concentration of vitamin e cream/ointment (high unit's) or a aloe Vera cream/ointment to sooth and calm. Can you ask your Doctor first.
I wish I could help more.Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby pinpin » 30 Jul 2013, 12:02

Hi OMB,
Was without internet several days. I know how frustrating is to deal with such kind of pain - butt pain. I completely relate to you. This is so depressing and consuming our minds and spirits.
It is also pity that appointment was moved. Can you afford to go private?
You know my wife also checks me time to time with torch which is a android app on my Samsung Nexus :)
It is always difficult to find something after BM, and better to look before BM when poo comes closer to anus, by the anatomy internal sphincter becomes relaxed. So if you want to find your fissure and monitor it afterwards you should check right before BM, I was also trying to get some picture, but was unable as phone camera sucks.
Before(3 years ago) I had mirror camera, and managed to take pictures by myself to monitor that time thrombosed hemmie.
I know it is long road for you. Mine is 6 months and I am not myself, though I am happy suicidal thoughts left me.
I just had setback, and still suffering from spasms already for 6 hours, even with painkiller pill.
PS: little instruction how do I show fissure to wife. I am taking position on kneels on our bad and placing head on bad too. So I have triangle as basement with my legs and head. With both hands I am spreading butt cheeks and she is able to oversee everything very good.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Mood: Good

Postby Rachael 1984 » 31 Jul 2013, 23:59

OMB, your hubby has had a torch back there! Wow, that is true love. I think it is wise to stop all of the creams. You don't want major irritation to deal with. Maybe Sudocreme or I know there are sone good creams on Amazon. Sending you my love, please don't lose hope my lovely friend. It won't be like this forever. Xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!