I've discovered how to keep the pain at bay! (kind of)

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

I've discovered how to keep the pain at bay! (kind of)

Postby Fissurefrustration » 04 Mar 2017, 05:19

Hello Everyone,

I don't know if this is a success story but after all these years, surgeries, creams and pills I've found a routine that will keep my pain at bay to a bare minimum.

All I need to do is have a sitz bath after every single bm (next bit is a bit TMI) and whilst I'm in the bath, make sure I can use my finger to clean around the area under the water and push water up there like an internal mini-cleanse.

My Fissures have all healed and surgery has left me with VERY sensitive scar tissue all around the area and I've found out what causes me the discomfort, burning and pain post-BM is even the tiniest residue bit of faecal matter left over.

Even if I use the softest flushable toilet washlets and not have a mini bath there is always some minor leakage post bm that causes the whole area to burn up and feel like acid all day until I have a proper bath and try to clean the area.

Maybe it's something in my diet causing my poop to be more acidic? Not sure. I've just been so happy to be pain free until yesterday when I had to go at work, no bath facility so had to use moist toilet paper but I've been burning up with acid like pain all around the sphincter for 12 hours until I got home - feeling better after having a bath.

So this is life from now on I'm guessing - it's just not always easy to find a bath after a BM!

Keep the faith everyone, if you have a similar problem please let me know.

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: I've discovered how to keep the pain at bay! (kind of)

Postby paine » 04 Mar 2017, 07:32

Hi ff. I too have this burning painful feeling after bm usually 30 mins on. When i look at it there are some left over stools. I dont know if this is leakage as i had lis 5 weeks ago. I will try your method and see if this will ease the burny feeling. It usually sitting on the area where the cut was made. I was cleaning it with cotton soaked in water.
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Mypoorbutt » 04 Mar 2017, 14:01

Hi FF, I always feel much less discomfort if I can use a shower head to clean with I tend to keep it in that area for about 2/5 mins. Residue has always made that area burn...my BMs are very acidic though so it's not surprising it burns.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby paine » 04 Mar 2017, 22:21

Hi MPB. How are you doing? Im already past 5 weeks post lis but still having post bm pain lasting about an hour and later in the day. My crs requested for anal manometry next week. Have you experienced that test? I think my fissure is still active after lis because i can feel it stinging. Also i have some discomfort on the lis site. Im just so afraid the test might put further damage. Thanks
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4