IBS and LIS healing

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: IBS and LIS healing

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 May 2010, 12:00

Alright no Blondie today, she's busy with a bunch of other stuff lol. Guess I get to have that second opinion after all :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 20 May 2010, 14:35

Dude - if the substitute looks "iffy" - than you should go to my CRS or SF CRS !!! if you noticed - they ALWAYS have a slot to take in a patient that needs immediate attention - that was one of the reasons I liked them so much. Blondie did not even suggest to see me on the day I was bleeding Image - just told me to sit on something hard to stop bleeding Image . I was really ofended by it - not even wanting to see what is going on OMG !!!!??? Oh well, her mentor was not much better either in that respect - no wonder they have the same stile LMAO !!!! May they all get a fissure just for a week !!!!!!! Image This is bad karma for me LOL - wishing something bad Image - but I wished just "for a week" and for the higher good, so may God have mercy on me Image
Best of luck NP Image and let us know how it went ASAP !!! Image Image
PS: Your sphincter will get tighter - there is no doubt about it and I would suggest you enjoy your "loose days" LMAO , leaking or not ; ))) You will miss them as I do miss mine LMAO ; )))
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 May 2010, 14:39

Yup I'll see how it goes with the substitute. Heading out now actually. Mondays and Thursdays are Blondie's surgery days so I'm not surprised she wasn't in today. She's actually technically out of the office for a couple of weeks. Actually a couple of other CRS's are, too, one of them said there's some kind of "ass doctor" conference thing going on.
I'm pretty sure they're going to tell me whatever's going on is normal. I'm okay with that explanation right now, just feel safer getting it checked. If it continues to bother me next week I'll consider heading up to your CRS or SF CRS then :) Trying not to unless it's necessary since my wife has to drive me and she has to watch the kinds too.
Oh well, wish me luck, off to see the doctor, the wonderful doctor of ass :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 May 2010, 16:37

Ok just got back from the ass doctor and he says there's no abscess. He seemed alright so I think I can trust him unless I see anything else weird happen. He gave me some Calmoseptine ointment to try, not sure if I'm gonna try it yet.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 20 May 2010, 18:59

Oh - that is great news Image !!!!
Let me know where you find Calmo-whatever LOL , some other members here swear by it ; ))) ! I agree- it would be too early for it - you need your butt "open" and "aired" actually - that stuff makes a very thick layer of protection that is sticky - according to witnesses LOL. BUT, it has a menthol inside which feels kind of nice probably ; ).
I think you should stop putting that cotton gaze between cheeks too - so whatever leaks is not "stuck " there but freely goes off your anus. Use some "liners" that you can borrow from your wife ; ) ! It will keep your underwear from being soiled but also let your poor anus breathe ; ) ! If you can, be nude as much as possible actually LOL.
Best of luck with continued healing and PLEASE eat nice stuff Image or I will boycott this thread LMAO Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 20 May 2010, 19:15

OR - maybe it was some other cream somebody suggested here - now that I think about it :roll: :roll: :roll: - Cheryl , daaahling , do you remember ??? What was that pinky colored butt cream that had menthol inside ???? Anybody ???????????? :roll:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 20 May 2010, 19:34

Hey there watch the threat boycotting threats, that's a serious one now :) I've been eating a lot of veggie soup every day, so much that I think I could power a hot air balloon every night if you know what I mean lol. Since my wife is home now, I can "let 'er rip" freely, but when my mother in law was here, trying to "hold it in" always sucked hahaha.
Yeah I think Calmoseptine is the stuff. It has zinc oxide and menthol and says right on the label that it's used for incontinence and fistula discharge. I was like, wow, very specific applications! The doc gave me some free samples to try. But I'm thinking the same thing as you, I should probably give the area some "air time" before I go putting creams on it. He says that since he wasn't the doc that did the surgery, he can't be 100% sure, but he's fairly certain that the drainage cut is inside the anus (he says he does them the same way himself), and that I'll probably have brown/yellow stuff draining from it for a while. He actually said the same thing you did Fissy, that the drainage is good since it means some nasty stuff is exiting, and also that itching is normal and to be expected as part of recovery. I was like hey where have I heard that before lol.
And yeah I stopped using the cotton pads a few days ago. They were useful in the first day or two but after that I didn't find them very helpful. The discharge/leakage is still disturbing but I'm not as worried about it as I am the abscess now.
Anyway, being the skeptic/cynic that I am, I'm still not entirely convinced that everything is okay, but I figure abscesses should be pretty easy to diagnose for a CRS, so I think I can trust what the doc says ... at least for today :)
Oh yeah, and no antibiotics. This doc doesn't use them for this, either, and I'm actually kind of relieved. Wasn't looking forward to taking that poison again to be honest.
I still haven't tried the Balneol though. Been lazy there. I might give that a go over the next few days, although I'm guessing my LIS incision has long ago healed already.
And finally: DON'T BOYCOTT THIS THREAD! Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 21 May 2010, 05:20

I used Balneol, but nothing with menthol.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 21 May 2010, 15:25

I know Cheryl LOL, I just thought you might remember the name of a cream some members were using ; ))
NP - how is today , buddy Image ??? !!! Hope all is "under control " Image Image Image !!! : )))
OK than - I will be "watching you" LOL, so no boycotting for now Image
That is great that you do not need any antibiotics Image , what a relief !!!!
Balneol worked fantastic for me regarding cleanliness - you know my routine _ wash, soak, dry - Q-tip with Balneol over the mirror LMAO and making it ultra clean ; )))! CRS told me that I healed so fast after such extensive surgery only because I kept it so clean - so Image And one more thing LOL- stay away from Wasabi Image - just the other day I felt some burning and ran for a Balneol and my trusty q-tip Image - guess what !!!!??? Found a single sesame seed and tiny chilly flake Image Image Image stuck there between the folds Image - sorry for "visuals" LMAO - but wanted to warn everybody Image !!! If you feel something is off - it might as well be "something" still there even after extensive showering !
Best of luck with continuous healing Image !!!
PS: I was laughing this morning imagining our CRSs together at the luncheon at that butt conference LMAO discussing the two of us Image My CRS asking : " Hey, how is your "Scaredy-butt" doing"? "Oh, he is much better", says the Blondie,"especially since your "Butt-artist" took over with advising him" !!! Image
I bet they have nick-names for us too Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 May 2010, 18:59

lol wait a minute now, how did I get the nickname "Scaredy Butt" and you got the nickname "Butt Artist"... That doesn't seem quite fair, I want something cooler :)
Today has been about the same. I was hoping for more of an improvement, but I'm glad things don't seem to feel any worse, at least. It's now exactly 1 week after the 2nd surgery. Hopefully I'll see more improvement over the next week. I'm still not sure what kind of recovery timeline is normal after the two surgeries I've had. The doc and most websites say 1-2 weeks, but it's been 3 weeks since LIS and 1 week since abscess drainage and I'm still not anywhere close to fully functioning. I think I'm going to ask my boss if I can work from home for one more week.
As of now, my whole butt is still sore (I spend most of my time lying on my back), and I still get random fleeting pain. No real pattern to it, and nothing that requires painkillers, just annoying and mysterious. I still see the bump and still get the little brown "flakes" and some liquid discharge through the day, especially when I have to pass a lot of gas after having my veggie soup :(
I'm surprised you had wasabi even though your butt was acting up lol. That was brave of you! I used to LOVE wasabi and also curry but haven't had a single drop since getting a fissure. I still eat sushi but eat it plain now, which is no fun!
Since you taught me the mirror trick lol, I've been checking my anus quite frequently. I actually haven't found anything stuck there yet aside from the occasional bit of discharge. When you use the Balneol, do you put only a tiny bit on and then just leave it there (meaning without wiping it off)? It doesn't seem like a Q-tip would get much on there. I'm kind of afraid to touch the area with even a Q-tip for fear of irritating it more.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure