incontinence after botox and still in pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Postby Smo069c » 22 Oct 2017, 05:57

Hi guys, I had botox done almost 5 weeks ago for an chronic anal fissure(6 months and couting...) which caused me unbearable pain 24/7.

My problem is that since the botox I’ve experienced some horrible incontinence of not only gas, but poop also. I’m a soon to be 18 year old girl, which now has a problem with shitting myself.. yummy yummy. :groan: and to top it all the pain is still there - bad as ever. I don’t know what to do at this point - no cream, pills, dietary changes, botox or anything has helped. My doctor says next step is another round of botox or anal dilataion.. but I’m scared ass hell to try again or have another surgery done if I get more (or worse) sideeffects from it.
What would you guys do? Have another botox or the dilation done and crossing my fingers to not shit myself forever or just living with this crazy pain all day?
Do you have any tips witch helped you or anything I could try besides this cause Daamn I’m giving up soon :x
Smo069c

Topics: 3

Re: incontinence after botox and still in pain

Postby patience_and_healing » 22 Oct 2017, 15:51

Botox does come with a risk of incontinence, and it sounds like a horrible experience. It will wear off in time though, so you won't be incontinent permanently. Did the doctor say you had a spasm in the sphincter from the fissure? And have you asked them what to do about this side effect? If there's no spasm then dilatation might only cause more continence issues.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Smo069c » 23 Oct 2017, 03:26

the doctors dosent know if theres spams or not - i dont thnink that there are, since the pain im feeling is like a sharap knife like / broken glass like feeling 24/7, and not really a crampy spasm like feeling, but my doctor keeps telling me that the spasms are always there with a af.. im soooo confused and i really dont know what to do with new fissures and retears when nothing helps anyway..
Smo069c

Topics: 3

Postby patience_and_healing » 24 Oct 2017, 18:03

Is your fissure at the back or front? Posterior fissures are usually associated with spasm. Is it possible to get another doctor's opinion?
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40