LIS and fissurectomy recovery

When can I expect pain to go down

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS and fissurectomy recovery

Postby sotiredofthis » 10 Jan 2014, 15:09

Thank you for sharing your story. Yes, we'll do just about anything for our kids won't we! I'm probably heading for lis myself but am scared to death of the incontinence possibility. I have IBS which makes it more scary for me. I, too, pray to God everyday for complete uncomplicated healing. He is truly my only hope, too.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby scared ann » 12 Jan 2014, 20:14

Hi Skumar! Thank you for sharing your story. Wow....you've been through a lot.Im so happy that you are getting better...

GOD BLESS...
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby skumar » 13 Jan 2014, 06:15

Hi Sotiredofthis, incontinence is very rare if done by good CRS. If you ask me then I would take little incontinence as a cost of using restroom forever with no tension. I told this to myself when my days were very bad. I would not mind wiping the area two three times after using restroom. Good luck
skumar
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby skumar » 13 Jan 2014, 06:17

Hi scarred Ann, sorry to hear that you got an infected abscess but this shall pass too. Good luck
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby scared ann » 13 Jan 2014, 07:21

Thank you skumar ! I guess I was one of the lucky to get the infection/abscess.
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby skumar » 16 Jan 2014, 19:03

Don't worry. You will better soon
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby scared ann » 16 Jan 2014, 20:04

Thank you Skumar ! How are you been doing lately?
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby skumar » 16 Jan 2014, 21:27

Not doing good. Whenever I think I am all good then I get hard BM all of a sudden and it goes for a toss. Now I am sore and hating to stop the stool softers. My doc has given me kondremul to take it everyday. Just feeling being lost. Both of my kids are down with cold cough. How are you feeling? Any improvement?
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby scared ann » 17 Jan 2014, 09:33

Oh I'm so terribly sorry about your constipation and the pain.why are you going to stop the stool softener? I don't think stool softener give you constipation. Drink lots of water. I will be praying for you...God is our healer....
I am going to see my CRS on the 24th of this month for my follow up check up.he cleaned the infection and he cut/drained the abscess...
Take care...

Ann
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby skumar » 18 Jan 2014, 06:52

Thanks Ann. I hope everything turns out good at your. Coming up doc visit. I am just so tired up. I have this feeling since last few days I did not have the complete BM and something is left. Though I have been taking prune juice and one colace in the morning and kondremul at night. I am again going for second BM either in afternoon or evening so that makes the area more sore for the next day AM BM. Sorry I am I. Souch detail. I am going to stop kondremul and will take mom for next 3-4 days to stop using restroom twice at this point. Mom is still strong. I am also not sure if metamucil is bulking me so much but I always believed that's what we need now a bulky wide and.soft stool. I am going to take some.prune juice and mom now so that all the leftover should ne out by afternoon otherwise by tomorrow it will turn ut to a big monster. I just hope that God forbids everyone with this problem. It's just so much related to BM where you don't have everyday control and recovery is all about BM. Pain wise I am ok, no pain unlessi ve a monster BM. God please help us all.
skumar
Salt Bather