LIS in a week

Late forties male, AF of 1 year

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS in a week

Postby Jimbfree47 » 09 Jun 2017, 12:17

Mr F exactly right on the money. Cant really go anywhere with anyone as tgey would know something is wrong when I have to stand up. People are going to see your discomfort as its all over our faces and there not going to want to be around anyway. I figure I will save all the trouble lol
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2017, 13:20

I too felt like withdrawing from friends and family unfortunately not because I was embarrassed but because I was quite jealous that they were living a normal pain free life.
But then in the end I started to go out anyway and when people asked me what was wrong I told them exactly....I went to uni the Saturday after my Botox and was telling a close friend there the class overheard and thought I meant Botox on my wrinkles....so I happily informed them that nope it was in my arse and that would be why I was fidgeting.
I would support anyone who was in pain no matter the pain and I found that most people were very supportive to me when I started telling them
These fissure cause so much anguish that where possible we shouldn't let them
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimbfree47 » 09 Jun 2017, 13:30

MPB what I find very discouraging is that my family knows and other then my mom not one of them has checked to see how I am doing. I had my surgery in Oct of last year. I was asked how I was doing by family just after my surgery which I told them still recovering. I have a brother sister and niece along with 3 boys. None of them have asked how I am doing this year. That tells me they really dont care . what would you think if your family did that to you? So I have decided to shut them out. Eventually they will feel my pain when they dont hear from me and begin to wonder so we shall see. Anyway I thank god that I have this board to come to. Thats pretty bad when complete strangers offer more support tgen your own family members. Wow.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Jun 2017, 13:31

I can add to what MPB said above. I've told some close friends, around six, or seven, and family members about the fissure and it turns out that two of the friends I've told also have had fissures. The people I've told have been very supportive and understanding.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Bum_UK » 09 Jun 2017, 13:33

Jim: a lame attempt to cheer you up! :smilyhug:

I'm sorry to hear that your family doesn't ask how you're doing.
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Jimbfree47 » 09 Jun 2017, 13:35

Thanks Bum_ uk. The old saying what comes around goes around. Lol
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2017, 13:40

Oh Jim I really do feel for you but some people are so self centred nothing will make them realise the pain another us in.
My hubby made me go shopping the day after my LIS and my teenage children insisted that I get up every morning to make their breakfast.
I have been sat sobbing in the bath at 3 am only to be shouted at for making a noise and waking people up.
Don't let those people impact your nature. I agree if it gets you angry then it's best to stay away as anger makes a fissure much worse. But if it's your nature to be sociable don't let them take that away from you
Big hugs as I truly understand the impact uncaring people can have
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 09 Jun 2017, 13:46

MPB thanks for the encouragement. Your right why should I let uncaring people dictate my emotional response. It dosent surprise me about the things u mentioned about what your own family did. That is totally selfish. You know karma has a way of biting back. Just saying.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 09 Jun 2017, 13:58

Trust me Jim in the beginning I would quite happily have made them well aware of how angry I was if I wasn't in so much agony but now I'm glad I didn't people like that won't change no matter what we say so now I'm back to the old me happy in my personality and embracing every pain free minute I have. They and the agony very nearly changed me I'm forever grateful I didn't let it
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 09 Jun 2017, 14:04

MPB I am happy with who I am. What I need to learn to do is quit letting others get to me. I have always had a problem with thank God my diazepam 5mg was refilled for the next 4 months. My GAD dosent help either. I find like you said anger only exasperates the situation. Getting ready to go for my anoscopy. Will post results when I get back.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist