LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Aug 2009, 05:39

Hi Doctor Pinky! I am so proud of you! You are back in the ER where you wanted to be. That is wonderful! I am sure you will adjust to the stress and things will calm down with your butt!
Well, we'll miss you and look forward to when you can come back and tell us of your ER adventures!
You are so welcome, Pinky...please take care of yourself!!! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2009, 02:50

Congratulations on the new job, Doctor Pinky ! Image I like that title !
Goodluck Image

Postby Guest » 13 Aug 2009, 08:34

Congrats pinky...hope you are feeling well!

Postby Corsi » 14 Aug 2009, 12:09

Gooooood luck Pinky Image
You are a strong woman, you will manage Image
Corsi Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby happyass » 17 Aug 2009, 16:35

that's great news Pinky!
remember to take some Pinky time too...even if it is only 5 minutes.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby pinky » 06 Sep 2009, 11:44

Hi All,i just wrote and when i wanted to insert a smiley,it all disappeared and i have to type again.ive tried to log into the site a few times last week but access was denied.Anyways,thanks for all your support.How are you Tabby,Kim,Corsi,Happy,Macymae,Juney,val,fissy and everyone else.Life's very hectic at the moment.Work is stressful but im enjoying it.i love doing wat i do.have too much on my plate now as i have courses to attend and exam in oct for which im not finding time to study.i miss spending tim with my son.make the most with wat i have.i drink water as much as i can but eat quite less.movicol works better but sometimes causes loose stools.im thinkin of stopping movicol but dont wanna take a risk now.we r thinking of another pregnancy and im not happy to take movicol.thinking if i shud try benefibere to be on the safer side.i have to go now.thanks guys
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 08 Sep 2009, 07:40

Hey Pinky !! Image
How nice to hear from you :)
Even better to hear all is well with your new job Image Great stuff !
Just be careful not too get dehydrated with all the busy-ness of life :roll:
Oh YES give that benifibre a shot for sure i had great results but now i am using fibresure as it seems to go a little further ! Maybe you can take a water bottle with you everywhere you go then you will get fluids and fibre Image
I am all good Pinky, Thank you for asking Image
Take care sweetie Image

Postby Guest » 08 Sep 2009, 08:38

Hey Pinky!!!

Glad you are doing well.....and thinking of another baby! AW! Is the fissure pain 100 percent gone now?

Tabby--good for you, I so love the fibersure! How are you?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Sep 2009, 16:04

Hi there Pinky, welcome back! Image I have been OK, glad to hear from you! It does sound like you have your plate full!
I do agree with Tabby, you should think about the benefiber!! Why not try to toughen your butt up and wean off the movicol, in the long run it would be best unless you think you are just a high-risk for recurrence.
Hope things slow down enough for you to breathe and spend quality time with child #1!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby pinky » 01 Nov 2009, 16:21

Hi All,
Apologise for being away for so long.Life had become too stressful with work and studies.We also went away to India just after my exam for 2 weeks.got back last week.
Im pregnant now.didnt expect it to happen so quickly with all this stress and hardly seeing each other.BUt we r happy about it.there's never a right time and im just gonna go with it.
being very sick and tired.i just get back home and have no energy for anything.
Its been about 1 year 1 month since my LIS.
Things have been pretty ok down there.im still taking half sachet movicol and mag tabs.did have 1 scary episode in india.one morning i just cudnt get the poop out.it was hard and refused to come out.i was freaking out and had to spend almost 30mins standing and waiting and various positions for it to come out.when it finally came out i was sweating and almost in tears and thought i wud tear my fissure but God's grace it was alright.the first part was hard and the rest came out easily.dont know wat caused it.another reminder to be careful always.i did go off the fibre diet a bit there.
Thanks everyone here and im seeing this day coz of you all.everyone out there going through a bad phase,u will come out of it.im an example.
Hows everyone doing?
Kim,my pm messages are in the outbox and unable to send it.how do i get it right?
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6