mini-fistula

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: mini-fistula

Postby buttgirl » 14 Dec 2007, 14:13

This is really, really minor. I think it's more of a curoiusity than anything else at this point. I have been sitting comfotably all day and hardly notice it. It's not nearly as bad as yours, Val, and doesn't deserve such as scary name as fistula. Minifist is much more appropriate.
To get it taken care of I will have an office appointment and the dr will give it a little snip there--at least he better. He may just remove the skin tag as that will take care of the problem.
I could do it myself, but not nearly as well as a person with the proper tools who is not hunched over in a weird position trying to operate while squatting over a mirror. Imagine that pose.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 14 Dec 2007, 14:36

Image I'm too scared to look at mine, but I think I'm too fat to get into that kinda position haha!
Any pain, especially in that area isn't nice though, and it must get you down to have yet MORE problems when you thought they'd near enough gone.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 14 Dec 2007, 17:07

Actually, it's a bit of a relief. I was wondering why that hemmie turned fissure was not healing very quickly. I healed a cut that ran the length of the anal canal down to the muscle on 5 mos, but had trouble healing something the sized of a small pea. Now I know why that was and I am impatient to get it cut and cleaned out so that it will heal properly. I have found that the cuts cleanly made heal quicker than the ones made by poo.
thanks eveyone for your reponses and kind words.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby bherna1 » 16 Dec 2007, 21:53

I advise not to get rid of anything down there yourself without a sterlie doctor behind the wheel for many reasons. If you puncture something there is bacteria all over the place and could spread an infection throughout your system and into your blood stream. I speak from experience. I did it months ago and got a fever from it. Never again exploring and doing surgery on my own.
My 2 cents
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 16 Dec 2007, 22:12

Really? What did you do?

Postby buttgirl » 17 Dec 2007, 14:06

Yes....What did you do?
I'm actually going in on the 20th to get it taken care of. It's so minor and on the outside that it's just an office visit. If it was anywhere else on my body, I'd already have taken care of it. Seriously, I have had worse splinters. I got a rock embedded in my hand the other day from breaking up a cat fight (the neighborhood stray attacked my cat) and I tripped over something on my way to breaking it up. That was a bigger, deeper wound than this, but it was in a much more accessible place.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby juney » 20 Dec 2007, 15:33

i don't really understand, BG, what does the mini-fistula thing look like? how do you know that's what it is??
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 20 Dec 2007, 16:22

imagine running a blunt toothpick across your skin. It doesn't sink it, but you can feel where it is. then imaging the toothpick gets caught in a hole. that hole is painful, small but painful. In fact, it is the source of the pain you have been feeling. that's what I found. A small hole on the edge of the opening that goes about 3mm into the skin tag under the skin. It's like the opening left behind after remiving a thick splinter. I don't know about you, but this sounds like a fistula to me.
all I wanted was for this to be opened up so that the infection would clear and this would heal.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby bherna1 » 21 Dec 2007, 23:32

When my abscess got big with fluid the doctor just lanced it. It went down and got better. The next month same thing happend and i tried to save money and do it on my own. I did it the same way the doc did but i think i went to deep and didnt have alcohol and stuff like that to steiize the area. That night my feaver when up to 99 which was low grade. The abcess drained but it scared me. I decided to leave it up to the doc to do this work. To much bacteria around for you to screw up things.
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bherna1 » 25 Dec 2007, 00:38

i drained it myself by a niddle. next i got a low grade feaver. Dont know if i caused it myself
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist