mini-fistula

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

mini-fistula

Postby buttgirl » 14 Dec 2007, 11:27

Hi everyone,
Strange news. Well that little hemmie turned fissure has turned slightly fistula. It is really small and not painful, surprisingly. I discovered it the other day when I was checking out why the hemmie turned fissure still hasn't fully healed.
The minifist is right at the outside and goes about 3mm under the skin in the skin tag. Weird, huh? I almost feel like if I had the proper tools I could fix it. It would be like removing a small splinter from my butt, only there is not splinter, just the track.
I'm going to the doctor to have it opened on the 20th. (Kaiser wanted to make me wait until the 12th of January. I fought with them for an hour and ended up getting an earlier appointment.) Maybe he'll just opt to remove the skin tag, which would take the problem along with it.
I'm more annoyed than anything else that I'm still not fully healed, but this is small potatoes compared to last year's abscess. I'm also afraid that he'll cut more than he needs to.....maybe I should do it myself...eeeekk....then again maybe not.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: mini-fistula

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 12:26

Yikes! I can't believe this little booger won't leave you alone. I am glad you got in earlier for an appointment. You really don't need a CRS-you can diagnose yourself and maybe even take care of it. I have seriously thought about just snipping this tag off myself. My husband has some surgical scapels at work. Maybe I could but I am afraid the doctor might call social services and deem me a threat to myself!

How is the pain? Does it hurt in that spot?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Dec 2007, 12:33

Ooh, BG. Darn, your problems just seem to mount! Glad you got an early appointment, though. Hang in there.
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 14 Dec 2007, 12:35

It doesn't hurt at all, well not much anyway. It stings a little bit after bm, mainly because I was poking at it quite a lot on weds. A confession: I poked at it with a toothpick (disinfected of course) which is how I know it's a minifist. I was trying to pinpoint exactly where the remaining uncomfortability was coming from and low and behold the toothpick went in about 3 mm under the skin. Really, it was like exploring a splinter. It's right at the outside and on the skin tag.
(Reading this I think "Wow, what weirdo would do such a thing to herself. Isn't that what drs are for?" But then I think, "oh yeah, drs. suck." The one who looked at me at urgent care was scared to death to touch me. Yes, I went to urgent care, but only because I decided I am not waiting 2 mos to get this thing taken care of and that is how one has to manage Kaiser. It's political, not medical, unfortunately.)
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Dec 2007, 12:38

I just don't think I could prod myself with a toothpick, but it's got to be better than the scope my CRS used!
Who would have thought butt problems would be so affected by politics, but then politicians are generally a pain in the arse, aren't they?
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 14 Dec 2007, 12:47

totally!! and the ones who run huge bureaucracies like Kaiser are the worst! I have switched med plans come Jan 1.
I hate even calling this a fistula because it is so minor, but it could I suppose develop into something major if left untreated. It's too bad that all of the other problems weren't so close to the outside so I could see what was going on before something bad happened and boss my drs around.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 13:19

If I didn't have an underlying neuropathy I would be doing more exploratory surgery on myself.

I have even taken pictures of my butt so I could show a doctor at its worse.

What plan are you switching to?

I am glad it doesn't hurt too much though.

Postby val » 14 Dec 2007, 13:54

Oh no, not a fistula after everything else! What is wrong with our butts, why won't they behave!
Can you get rid of them yourself, isn't that a bit dangerous? I hope it clears up soon. Will you have to have an operation?
I hope its not too painful.
My CRS is called Dr. Omer, apparentley he operates in the States too, but I don't know whereabouts. Has anyone heard of him
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 14:03

I haven't heard of him. Does he practice all over the US or just in one state in particular?

Postby val » 14 Dec 2007, 14:13

I'm not sure, he just said on tuesday that he was flying out to America and he split his time between the two. He's very nice, and he gave me his e-mail address that was on his mobile phone and said to contact him anytime I was worried, which I thought was quite nice-its very unusual! But then, I've always had NHS treatment before which is DIRE!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86