Mucus

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Mucus

Postby Fissulyna » 15 May 2008, 14:58

Jen I hope that this is your last bending Image and that mucus and bleeding will stop soon. It is a bummer that fissure is still there and only half closed Image . I hope it is at lest not that painful as it was at the beginning.
California Lilacs are not even close to "real stuff" LOL, they are not lilacs at all - just have lilac small clusters of tiny flowers - hence the name "lilac" Image I have both - I planted California one under the oak since both like dry soil but would not conceder it otherwise Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 15 May 2008, 15:16

Really, Fiss? I have two of them and really like both. I think they smell very pretty.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 15 May 2008, 15:20

Hmmmmmmm...maybe they sell two different varieties under same name Image Or maybe I got some genetically massed up specimen Image Does your have small, dark green somewhat waxy leaves? Are flower clusters about inch by 2 inch at most ??? Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 15 May 2008, 15:29

There are a few different varieties. One of mine has very very small leaves and also small clusters of flowers like you describe. It is bushy and smells very sweet. The other of mine is creeping. It has waxy leaves and small flowers that do not smell very much.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 15 May 2008, 17:03

Eh - there we go Image - I obviously got the creeping one LOL ! But, I bought it specifically for it's evergreen foliage and water requirements, not as ornamental - so it is serving its purpose Image nicely ! I just can't shed my "continental climate skin" LOL, and forget all those "English cottage"gardens so I go to great extent to make conditions right artificially which is tedious and back braking task. Crazy - I know Image
XOXO !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jen » 15 May 2008, 20:24

Jo -
What color was your mucus? Mine is like a yellowish, brownish color with some blood in it. It looks kind of like A&D ointment - nothing unusul - however, I don't know what color intestinal musuc should be.
He didn't seems to really be too concerned. He said everyone heals differently - this is just how I am healing. I called today and talked to the nurse and she said "Are you sure it is not vaginal mucus?" Come on lady! I am pooing out mucus! I know the difference. He said if it is still happening by monday, to call back for an appointment. This makes me worried - because it is something that has been going on for 2 weeks since banding #2.
I just get all worked up and think its colitis or crohns or a fistula. I have been having minor stomach pains today so I am convinced it is colitis - This is probobly me just freaking out for no reason.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 May 2008, 20:40

I just have to agree with those who said a little mucus is probably nothing at all to worry about. Heaven only knows what creeps out of our butts sometimes!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 15 May 2008, 20:41

I had no idea you were so freaked by this, sweetpea! I had mucus/discharge after surgery and I still have it from time to time. I think if I really investigated I would see some everytime I go. If it is just in the stool and isnt' coming out at other times I can't imagine it would be anything serious. And since you did have multiple bandings it wouldn't be unreasonable for you to have some mucus and/or irritation since the band drops off and you are left with a small wound.

You're going to be okay. But still why not go in and have your fears allayed.

Postby Jen » 15 May 2008, 21:21

Kim and Lecia -
Thanks guys! I know I tend to jump over the deep end at times. Image
I guess the reason why I am worring is because it IS comming out at other times. Three times in the past couple days, I felt like I had to have a bowl movement, and all that came out was about a nickle sized pile of mucus with a little red blood.
Lecia - What color was your mucus after surgery? I am really paranoid and I don't know what color it should be - I don't know whats normal. Did you have anything like this with your fistula?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 May 2008, 21:29

I have had that happen when I was constipated...
There may not be a tight relationship between your urge and the mucus, other than the mucus is all that appears, not the main course! Is it whitish or yellowish? How much is there, compared to maybe a teaspoon?
Deleted User 5