Mucus

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Mucus

Postby Guest » 20 May 2008, 13:14

Does anyone have suggestions for lab tools? Image But really, I am serious.

Postby Guest » 20 May 2008, 13:56

Thank you Jo Image I am good, still very hopeful :)
WHAT Lab tools Lecia !!! Image :shock:

Postby buttgirl » 20 May 2008, 15:21

where to get them? try american Science and Surplus.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 20 May 2008, 16:38

Tools for examining your own waste products!

Postby buttgirl » 20 May 2008, 17:25

yes, and giant flush bottles for washing on the go.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 20 May 2008, 18:51

Try Carolina Biological Supplies , or something like that- they have it ALL !!!! You can even order dissecting tools to perform your own LIS or skin tag removal Image . I suggest practicing on fetal pig before proceeding though Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 20 May 2008, 19:29

Maybe I should just find a stick from outside and poke around in it? Do you think I need safety googles?

Postby Fissulyna » 20 May 2008, 19:40

If you want to puncture it - go and find nice cactus "needle" , dip it in rubbing alcohol and proceed. If you just need to probe it, take coffee little red stirring thingy ( from Starbucks preferably ). I would go with magnifying googles or at least magnifying eye peace that jewelers use for diamond assessments. Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 20 May 2008, 19:59

Kim,
I told my CRS about the mucus/blood a week ago at my last banding appointment a week ago. He said everthing looked great, but just a little mucusy. He said my body is making mucus to protect its self from an infection, the mucus lines the membrane walls from bacteria. I am still concerned about the blood. I don't think its coming from my fissure - I can tell when that is acting up. I called my CRS a second time last Friday and he was not concerned. Although I am still worried, I have alot of trust with my CRS. If it is still happening on Friday, I may call again. Also, Jo and Lecia said they had this from time to time after there hemmie removals - so I am keeping my fingers crossed that all is good! Image
Jo - I am so glad your feeling better! I know it takes forever to heal. I have been on creams for 3 months. i am so sick of putting cream on my bum! :)
Does anyone know if I did by chance have an abcess, infection, or fistula if they could be seen with just an anoscope?????
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 20 May 2008, 20:09

Yes, an anoscope should be sufficient for diagnosing any of those conditions. I wonder if this board is making you more nervous because you have the worst case scenarios on here usually and that can make you feel more vulnerable like you are going to have things as bad. I can understand completely but I don't want my history to make you nervous or believe that things are going to be as bad for you.