My 11 year anal fissure

Would love to hear from others going through the same thing xx

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My 11 year anal fissure

Postby missy moo » 08 Apr 2018, 14:45

Katie here in NZ they are the same no one has said we'll just do lis that will fix you no they have said we'll do everything else before we go near lis they have made me fear it they make out like oh your going to get lis what a shame you couldn't heal it without it, like it's the end of the road an it's 50/50 if you'll soil yourself at dinner with friends an family freaking annoying if you ask me I have pretty much told myself I need lis one day regardless of the way they've acted about it I'm likely to go to a bigger town an have it done though because there should be more experienced surgeons there.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Katie » 09 Apr 2018, 00:58

At the end of the day I was sick and tired of it ruling my life and feeling sick of the pain day in and day out all the other treatments I felt was just throbing me off!! I said to My surgeon it's my life, me living it,me going through this pain it's me signing the form before surgery!! And I kind of come to the thinking I would rather living with leakage then pain but like I say I have had the op 13 weeks today! And I don't have any leakage still sore days!! But I'm hoping with time the skin that needs to form will get stronger x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Katie » 26 Apr 2018, 07:12

Just over 14 weeks after my lis and still have the odd day feeling sore! Seeing my surgeon next week the first time since op! I wonder what she will say!!!! I'm hoping it's just time needed bit worryed she may say let's try again? Any throught from people that have had the lis??? Thankyou
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Krin » 26 Apr 2018, 14:35

I have been reading this with interest as I'm in the UK too. I don't know what the lis operation is. My consultant offered Botox as the only option after the Diltilizam didn't work. He did mention that they can make a cut in the anal sphincter if the Botox didn't look viable but I refused to consider it fortunately. After the event (5 1/2 weeks ago) I can safely say the Botox was the worst thing I've ever tried.
I'm in so much pain some days I can't do anything except lay on my side for hours. Plays havoc with work commitments!
Krin
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Katie » 01 May 2018, 13:27

So today I say my surgeon my check up from having the lis op in Jan she was so happy with how's it's healing I'm about 80% healed and she has discharged me! She said it takes up to a year to fully heal I do have some sore days due to it still healing and may get scar tissue but I'm so happy I cryed and hugged her I never through I would hear them words your healing and doing well. for anymore please have the lis done it's really the only way your going to get your life back I had to fight for it but it's a fight that was needed I will still need to take my movercol for a long time but so happy with that I'm not going to risk anything
Last edited by Katie on 01 May 2018, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 01 May 2018, 13:28

Krin yes the lis is were your muscle is cut x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Krin » 01 May 2018, 13:47

I saw my consultant today and he examined me and suggested I try the Diltiazam again. He is also going to do an endosopy to see if there's something causing the initial problem - I had a virtual colonoscopy/CT scan a year ago which only showed a mild diverticula issue. I refused the op to cut the anal sphincter after having various control problems following the Botox. Hopefully that'll wear off in a few weeks. Meanwhile, back to the warm baths.
Krin
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby patience_and_healing » 01 May 2018, 14:21

Katie wrote:So today I say my surgeon my check up from having the lis op in Jan she was so happy with how's it's healing I'm about 80% healed and she has discharged me!

That's awesome news Katie! I'm very happy for you. :stars: I hope the rest of your healing goes smoothly and you never have any fissure trouble again. Do continue to update us if you can. I think your story gives hope to many others who are struggling. Best wishes to you.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 01 May 2018, 15:28

Katie congratulations first off thats great news I had Botox 3 months ago an things are much better but my body cant produce perfect bms everyday so when I get an odd shaped or harder bm its slightly painful I'm fearful that since I get these bms here an there the fissure isn't getting anywhere my question to you is can you have the odd misshapen or harder bm an have no problem with it?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Katie » 01 May 2018, 16:03

Hello I have two movercol a day which makes everything soft! I do get bigger toilets and they do put pressure on the new skin that is forming and it can feel a little sore but I put coconut oil on it and it really helps! I always put a little coconut oil on at bed time as well so it can all soak in when sleeping lol but I think cos I have had three operation etc the skin is so soft you would get a little scar tissue! I think everyone that has long term problems with there bottom will get sore some days I think it's just life!!! as long as your not in real pain and having spasms for hours that's all you can really hope for! I think once you have a fissure you will always get them in your life from time to time but I really feel by getting your muscle cut if u get them again they will heal in a week or two! As the pressure is not as great was it once was
Last edited by Katie on 01 May 2018, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist