MY LIS STORY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: MY LIS STORY

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Aug 2008, 05:21

Jen, please make sure you rest and just recline all the time, why even worry about sitting? I barely sat for a week after my surgery, I just laid around and let things "relax.'
Here's hoping your first BM was a success today!!
Image Image Image Image Image
I am so proud of you and hope your recovery goes smoothly!!
Image Image Image Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 23 Aug 2008, 05:41

Dearest Jen Image
You did it girl !! Image Image Image I am so proud of you too ! Image
I wish you a fast and forever healing, may you never ever suffer this way again !!!
Sending you a very very very big hug !!

Postby Jen » 23 Aug 2008, 11:34

Thanks for all the support guys! Image I just can't say it enough - you all are great!
Cinderella - Are you still getting LIS soon? I thought you were getting it in September sometime? Image
Tabby - I love the flowers! You guys are all so computer savvy - I would never know how to do things like that! Image
BG - I checked out the sclerotherapy. That may have been it, but the way he described it was different. He said he was going to zap it or cauterize it. But I swore he said the procedure strted with an "S". I guess I will find out more at my follow up
Well, no BM yet! Image I am afraid that I am getting constipated with my pain pills. However, everytime I pop a pain pill, I pop a stool softener as well. I am always VERY regular. I think another issue is that I did not eat for 24 hours, until 9 pm last night - and then I just had soup. I may not have much in me to poop out! Did any other surgery folks get like this with surgery?
This guaze in my butt is freaking me out. I can not feel it, but I know it is there. I would love to take a soak, as I am VERY sore. But, I am afraid to soak with this guaze still in me. I may just wait until I finally poop it out.
I am such a worry wart. All I can think of now is complications (not healing properly, abcess, fistuals). However, I think MOST of the time people get their complications from their actual fissures and not the LIS incision.
Thanks again for all your support & prayers. I can not put a price tag on all the wonderful advise you have given me. It is so nice to talk to everyone about this stuff since I can't really talk about my taboo surgery.
Image Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 23 Aug 2008, 11:59

Jen, I know what you mean about the worrying, I had no BM the first day and I'm very regular normally. I was freaking out all day and most of the next day...and then it just happens :)
Dont fret, easier said than done!! maybe its our bodies way of letting it heal a little! Just relax and tell yourself it will happen when its ready to happen. Honestly, it will be ok, please dont torture yourself!
And GET WELL SOON!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Corsi » 23 Aug 2008, 12:31

Jen Image
Since you haven't eaten a lot that must be the reason you haven't had a BM yet. Your worry is understandable and normal, but think about it this way: It will go away! Think about how much you have worried about having a BM when having the fissure?
Give yourself time to heal, as Kim says, it will be better after a few tough days....
Image Corsica
What is guaze?
Last edited by Anonymous on 23 Aug 2008, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Jen » 23 Aug 2008, 12:34

Val - Did you take any MOM or stool softeners while you were waiting for your first BM? I think your right, it may be a good thing because it is giving me time to heal, however, it could end up being a bad thing too. I am just afraid because of the guaze in my butt - that can't be healthy, can it?
Juney - My CRS did not remove my scar tissue. You know how some of the doctors are for skin tag removal and some are against it? Well, thats how my doc feels about fissurectomies - he just does not do them. I am only sitting when I have too and it is not that bad. I am just sitting for car rides and I sat to feed my son. I just prop myself up on my left side and it is painless. I am trying to laydown as much as possible and my hubby is doing a great job helping me out.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Jen » 23 Aug 2008, 12:46

Oh Corsi -
We must have posted at the exact same time! :D
Guaze is a type of bandage, it is kind of mesh looking. It soaks up blood and body fluids. You guys have it in Norway, but it is probably hard to translate a word like that.
Thanks for the advise! You know I will post all about my first BM when it comes! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Corsi » 23 Aug 2008, 13:00

We will be waiting for it Jen Image
I have thought about you so many times today, wondering how you are, etc. I even told my husband you had surgery, what you have told about it, etc. So now, it's not only my fissure/BM he hears about - it's yours, Lecia's, Val's, Tabby's, Fissulyna's, etc. as well Image poor man!
We live in a crazy butt world, that's for sure Image
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 23 Aug 2008, 13:40

I am so thrilled to hear that it is over! I am proud of you and so happy that you got through it just fine. You handled it very well and I think this is the beginning of the end of your fissure and anal problems. That is interesting that he was able to treat that hemmie in the anus while there with the cauterization. I don't know anything other than sclerotherapy that starts with an S so if you find out what it is, let me know.

It has been a long road for you to get here but finally you will be getting some well needed relief once you heal. Just take it one day at a time and one bm at a time. You will have some ups and downs so try not to worry if one day you feel pretty decent and it is followed by a real downer. That is normal. You still have the fissure it just can heal now.

So glad you felt well enough to check in with us. Image

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Aug 2008, 13:53

Hey Lecia - you look soooo darn cute on that picture XOXO - can I clone you ????!!!! I will find some nice lady to carry you for me though LOL, since my butt would not survive one more labor Image !!!
Jen - I was going 5 times before the LIS and was also worried when pooping did not happen for long time ! It is because our guts were completely emptied before the surgery ! Try to ease little bit on pain meds and eat something that usually makes you go. When I really started to panic my hubby made me a cup of coffee LOL and I ran to the bathroom after only 2 sips !!!
I can imagine how that "packing" is worrying you- it would freak me out too, but they hopefully know what they are doing. Can you give him a call and ask about it so you would be able to relax regarding it. I think it is a smart idea though to put it, maybe it keeps sphincter relaxed and "open" so it does not start "re growing" those darn new muscle stands ! My butt is still looser than usual after my colonoscopy - I really think that they should patent some kind of portable "delator" for self help !!!!
Happy pooping buddy !!!! XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61