MY LIS STORY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: MY LIS STORY

Postby val » 23 Aug 2008, 14:04

iamtiredofthis wrote:Val - Did you take any MOM or stool softeners while you were waiting for your first BM?

before the surgery they told me not to take ANYTHING, especially the flaxoil as it thins the blood, but as soon as I came home I started back on my regime of aloe vera, MOM (only 2 teaspoons) and omega 3's. You dont want to take too much of anything in case you end up in the loo all day - not good after LIS! You could try pure fruit juice with hot water, that could work.
Best of luck!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Aug 2008, 14:27

A-haaaaaa- I caught you "in real time" baby-Val Image Image Image Image !!! Just want to send you hug Image !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 23 Aug 2008, 15:37

Does anyone remember anyone board members who has this LIS packing? I know I have read this on the surgery threads, I just can't remember who had this also. I have been searching the threads but no luck yet!
Fiss - If the packing does not come out by tomorrow, I will call the doc like you said. It is just freaking me out knowing its down there. Yuck!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby juney » 23 Aug 2008, 17:36

jen, after my second LIS i took a lot of pain pills and didn't have my first BM for 4 days. needless to say, i was FREAKING out. i ended up pushing a little too hard and worried i ripped something even worse. finally i took MOM and it helped everything come out the next morning. i think the pain pills + not eating a lot the day of surgery make it hard to stay as regular as before. make sure you're drinking lots of water! if your dr said it's ok, take some MOM to get things moving. not too much though!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Aug 2008, 00:25

Sorry Jen buddy : (, I do not remember anybody but Val had it here but read about it at some other forum before I found this one. Girl actually went to the restaurant out with her girlfriends and pooped packing and all in the restaurant restroom - CAN YOU BELIVE IT ???!!! I can not poop in public place at all and she went out second day and did all of that - sometimes I wonder if I am just one big wuss and creep of a special kind : ( !?
Take care sweetie - I absolutely understand your frustration , like pain is not enough : ((( !!! MOM must push it all out Image by tomorrow babe, if not I think it really needs to be removed manually Image !!! Your CRS must be on call after surgery !!! I hope you will have a nice rest tonight in spite of it all - you need it buddy Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2008, 07:55

Dear Jen Image
I am glad you like the flowers Image i hope they made you smile :D
How are you feeling today ?
I have been praying for the packing and your first BM to be kind to you...
Take care
xx
Kezyer had this packing too, his thread is in this section !

Postby Jen » 24 Aug 2008, 09:15

Well everyone - It finally happened! Image Image Image
I took some MOM last night and I still did not have to go this AM. So, I took Fissy's idea and I made coffee for myself (I am a tea person and rarely drink coffee). Sure enough, after half the cup, I had to go. I went and it stung really bad, but overall it did not hurt that bad and the blood was minimal.
But, guess what...I did not poop out packing!!! Image Image Image
I starting spasing out and my husband had to calm me down. I called the doctor after I got it together (God forbid I cry in frount of him anymore). He said he put a DISOLVABLE GEL FOAM in me. The nurses explained it wrong. All I remember is waking up in the OR and 2 nurses were like, "You have a guaze plug in your butt" and I asked if I was going to poop the guaze out and they said yes. I even varified this a couple different times. So I told the doctor I was sorry his nurses gave me the wrong information and I hung up the phone.
For those of you who had LIS, how long were your BM's stinging for? I think I am also dealing with that hemmie removal so it maybe longer for me.
Well I am going to go soak soak soak!!! :bathtub: :bathtub: :bathtub:
Jen
King Fissure

Postby val » 24 Aug 2008, 10:03

:( I'm sorry you're freaking out, Jen. Stupid nurses, telling you all wrong and making you worry about that Image Image Image
It will sting for a while, but it gets better with each one. I think after the first one, you know what to expect, so you dont worry so much about it. I had stitches for the skin tag, plus a fistulotomy and LIS so I cant judge which one was hurting! but it wasnt too bad after the first one. I think we're all scared of the unknown! :IMO: When we know the level of pain we're dealing with, its easier to deal with somehow!
Take care, I hope you feel better soon Image
XX
Thanks for the big hug, Fissy - I needed one !!! Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jen » 24 Aug 2008, 10:33

Thanks Val! I had some pinching as well and I believe that was from the hemmie removal. I have not had any fissure pain or spasm pains yet. This is all a differnt kind of pain.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2008, 11:04

Hey Jen,
Would you say the pain is as bad as it was on your worst days before? I can't believe the nurses didn't have their story straight and caused you needless worry and panic. That is crazy. I am glad you got through your first bm though. Be patient with yourself and try to keep yourself comfortable. Did they say you could augment your med plan with ibuprofen yet? I often switch back and forth between the narcs and then the advil so I don't have to take too much of the narcs when I have had surgical procedures.

Does it hurt to sit at the computer to type to us?