MY LIS STORY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: MY LIS STORY

Postby Jen » 24 Aug 2008, 11:54

Lecia -
The pain is not bad. It is not as bad as a fissure at all. It stung and I had slight pinching. It almost felt like I had a superficial fissure from the hemmie removal (which I probably do if they "zapped" it). I am shocked I did not have any tension or spasms during my BM despite me being so afraid of it.
I did take some motrin yesterday because I felt like I was taking to many darvocets. Not only will they constipate me, but they are really hard on your liver because you should not take more than 4 g of tylenol a day. And of corse I have you guys to talk to - you all are my pain relievers - I love you guys!
I am actually laying on the couch on my belly typing to you guys. I am suprized I can sit with not much problem. I think it is way too soon to say this, but I think I am going to be one of those LIS patients who is back to normal within a week. I am not saying I will be healed by then, but I think I will be able to return to normal activity sooner than usual. I feel 50% better than I did yesterday, and it will only get better from this point. Only time will tell if my actual fissure is healed.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 24 Aug 2008, 12:08

:D I'm really happy you're healing well, its great to hear that. I dont want to sound a pessimist, but please be careful! I assumed that mine was healed and bounced into my 3 week check-up, sure it had gone forever. My CRS said to go back to my normal diet, have my bubble baths again and be "normal!" And then the fissure gremlin paid me another visit. Just when I thought I was invincible. And now he's back AGAIN!!
I really, truly hope you are one of the success stories and heal completely in a really short time. But just bear in mind that the skin will be weak and just pamper it and do as you have been doing, until you're damn sure that gremlin has flown away for good. Dont assume its healed just because it FEELS like its healed! It takes a long while to get the skin there back to its normal strength.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jen » 24 Aug 2008, 12:33

Oh Val - Yes I completely agree! I know I am not healed yet, only time will tell if the fissure will come back. One can have LIS and then be ok for 5 years before another setback. I will have to be careful for the rest of my life. I will be on fiber forever and no matter what if I ever have to take pain pills, I will pop in a stool softener.
I am not saying my fissure is healed yet - it is not. I just think my incision is healing faster than normal - I guess I am not as sore as I thought I would be. However, I am still sore, if that makes sence.
Jo :) -
I have been meaning to ask you what kind of treatment did they use on your hemmie removal?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby val » 24 Aug 2008, 13:13

:D I'm really glad you're not as sore as you thought.
I kind of threw caution to the wind because I felt so good and because my CRS told me to! I stopped the softeners after a while and perhaps didnt drink as much as I should. Oh and had a Baileys!! Image Then it came back! I just didnt want that happening to you!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby happyass » 24 Aug 2008, 14:07

jo, this sounds amazing. i am glad you are now in recovery and at home and just chilling. keep up the good work!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby juney » 24 Aug 2008, 14:38

that's awesome that things are going so well already jen! like val says....be careful! i know i get careless as soon as i feel good for a day or two, and lo and behold i've never healed. after my surgery i plan to be stricter than ever w/ my diet and baths, etc for a looong time. just take it easy for awhile and i'm sure you'll be fine for good!
btw, can you actually see your incision site? i'm getting confused b/c i didn't have an external incision after either LIS, but i've read lots of stuff on the internet about people having incisions in the buttock. can you see the incision?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Jen » 24 Aug 2008, 14:52

Juney -
I have not even tried to look at my bum! I really want to badly, but I think it will scare me too much. I am going to wait a few weeks before I pull out my old trusty mirror - Man that mirror has seen some ugly images! :)
I can totally feel the incision on my right side, however, it feels like it is located internally. I am even fine sitting - I just lean my weight on my left side. When I had my BM this moring, the insicion are didn't hurt as bad as the area where I believed he also removed a hemmie. I am wondering if a small fissure happened from the hemmie removal. If it did, it should naturally heal fast from LIS.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 24 Aug 2008, 16:18

Jen,
Great news on your healing. Hope it continues. Now you don't have anything to worry about!!!!!
Val,
I like your pic. You look so cute!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Aug 2008, 16:43

That is just fantastic Jen : ))) Image - I knew it ; ))) !!! I am glad coffee helped but am so mad that you had wrong info all of this time about packing and worried for no good reason :( :( :( for such a long time - may they all have foam sprayed in their nostrils for some weird unheard condition - so there - now I will start putting curses back on any inhumane med. personnel Image - what is too much is just too much, you know Image
You will be the best nurse in the world and be the only one in the ward getting Godivas and flowers and blessings on daily bases- the rest of the stuff would just DIE of envy LOL !!!! Can't wait for that buddy Image !!!
I hope you enjoy your soaks :bathtub: and have fun playing with your son's tub-toys Image and getting as much rest as you can. You may get active as soon as you feel like it - just stay on your diet and tons of water and all will be just fine Image !!! I know that you learned from our mistakes - if you hurt yourself it would be like we suffered for nothing
:truebud: - that is why we INSIST Image
Juney - I looked at my butt fist day and there was an incision on the side of my anus - just by it on the my left side. It was about 5 mm long so it is very hard to notice it especially because there is so much swelling all around and stuff. It was so small that it closed in 2 days COMPLETELY !!! And, if I did not see it first two days I would have no idea where to look for it ! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 24 Aug 2008, 17:02

Fissy -
There you are! I was wondering where you were...I have been on the computer for most of the day since I am bed ridden! I just take turns looking at butt stuff on the computer, doing homework, and having my son crawl all over me (except my butt). I do have to say I love getting this first class treatment after surgery. It is so fun to be lazy - I feel normally I am always on the go!
I swear you are so darn funny! I hope they all get packing in their noses, ears, and any other body opening too! Image
My son saw my sitz bath and cried so hard because he wanted to play with it. I finally let him have it since I never used it, as I prefer the big tub. He is now walking around with it on his head.
I can not believe you had the guts to look at your butt after surgery! You actually saw the LIS insicion from the outside. Mine is internal because I don't feel it when I wipe. However, it feels much lower than the would imagine it. When all my pain is completely gone, I will look at it and give you all the report (Yuck). Did you ever see your fissure on the outside?
I want to be a good nurse and get godiva's!!! I can't wait!!! Image
Jen
King Fissure