My story so far

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My story so far

Postby Deleted User 579 » 23 Jun 2011, 06:38

Oh! The pain sounds rough you guys! I'm so glad it doesn't last too long! Painkillers are great, but they can make you feel like a real stoner (I used to enjoy that feeling a lot when I was young, but now not so much!).
Are you able to rest and let others take care of you, Dexterdude?
I hope the pain subsides very soon!
Deleted User 579

Postby dexterdude » 23 Jun 2011, 06:44

Thanks for the happy thoughts. Haven't had any pain since this morning, painkiller "killed" it in about 30 minutes.
The nice thing so far is that once the pain is gone, there is no more tightness in the muscle like before, so looks like botox does something. I still feel pain if I sneeze or cough, but otherwise it's not bad at all. Also, as said, passing BMs is a breeze so far.
I guess I just have to wait for the wound to start healing, so that the post-bm pain goes away too. And yea, I am taken care of by my amazing wife *love*
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby dexterdude » 23 Jun 2011, 11:30

I am not sure, but I think that I have developed a thrombosed external hemorrhoid at the site of one of the botox injections. It feels like a lump under the skin and is bluish. Had it from the start, even asked the doc about it he said can't be, but didn't actually look. It hurt the first two days, today not really.
As far as I recall about these things, if they are not surgically removed in the first days one can just let them go away on their own. True/false?
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 23 Jun 2011, 11:48

Yes, that's what I've heard too. You've got to get the clot drained within 72 hours or there's nothing to do but wait for them to go down on their own. I don't think they actual remove them, so much as incise them and let them drain. (Another school of thought recommends excision so they don't recur - but I think that is a little drastic!) Generally they should go away on their own after a few days or even a week or two. Warm baths are supposed to help too. I've seen many posts on this forum that describe botox causing thromobosis.
I hope yours diminishes rapidly with no pain!
Deleted User 579

Postby dexterdude » 24 Jun 2011, 12:30

Thanks, I'll just let it be, it's not that uncomfortable, well not compared to the post-bm pain anyway. Today I had two BMs, one am, one pm. Both with quite a bit of bright blood which scares me a bit (because with my chronic af I *very* rarely had blood, and even then just a hint), but I guess it's the fissurectomy + skin tag wound doing its thing.
The pain for the first one was again quite unreal, with shaking and stuff, for the second one though it was a bit less and subsided to a tolerable level very quickly. Probably the fact that I popped a pill right before helped somewhat.
On another note, I can really "feel" the botox. That is to say, I cannot squeeze my sphincter as I used to, it just won't do it :). It's a weird feeling tbh. Also passing gas seems to be much easier than the past days, so I guess that the botox has really kicked in now.
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 Jun 2011, 13:37

Hey Dexterdude! Don't sweat about the blood. The fissurectomy and skin tag removal would account for that. I'm sorry the first BM hurt so bad. Do warm baths help at all?
I think it's a good sign that passing gas is easier. That must mean things are relaxing. My guess is that this also means that the pain will diminish very soon!
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 24 Jun 2011, 13:55

Sorry you're suffering so much with it all, Dexter. I wouldn't worry about the blood, like Hope says, everything they've done down there is going to cause that. It should ease off slowly and then stop altogether.
BMs after this surgery are so traumatising! In our modern times it's barbaric to have to suffer like this.
BMs will get better, probably in the next day or so, you'll be over the worst of it very ,very soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby dexterdude » 24 Jun 2011, 14:08

Just took the shower before bedtime (5x daily, no baths allowed) and then made the mistake to look there. :)
The area isn't swollen, but:
1. The cut area has been covered by a yellow film (maybe new skin growing? or infection?) - this is the most disturbing
2. There is a huge black bruise below it (maybe from some clamp or something)
3. There is a bit of fresh blood coming from inside.
No pain though.
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby val » 24 Jun 2011, 14:41

Eww, you're brave - I would throw up or pass out if I looked at the wound!
I think you would have a lot of pain if it was infected - my pain shifted from kind of aching to sharp and stabbing.
I dont know why it would be yellow - although I've never looked at it so it could be completely normal?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 Jun 2011, 14:46

You are brave! My fissure developed a yellow film on it before it healed. Now it looks completely healed, and my new surgeon comfirmed that it has healed well, so I wouldn't worry to much at this point. Like Val, my infection felt more like sharp, stabbing pain at the incision site. I think you're a-okay, Dexterdude. But do keep an eye on things, since you've got the courage to do it. :D
Hey Val - was your sharp, stabbing pain just at the infection, or did it radiate?
Deleted User 579