New Forumite...greetings!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New Forumite...greetings!

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Jun 2008, 17:08

Ha ha ha - I adore prunes and apricots ! What an irony LOL !!!
Yes, dear Brendan, try everything you can think of - one never knows what can help and "desperate times ask for desperate measures" : ) ! I never dreamed I would be doing 90% of the stuff I had to do or am doing now - LOL - bur hey - as long as it is helping !!! : )
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 18 Jun 2008, 17:13

My Dad said that he noticed a definite decrease in digestive transit time when he used the probiotic drinks (like Yakult). Has anyone had any successes with these? I've tried them before but not regularly. They're quite nice. I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Postby Guest » 18 Jun 2008, 17:34

Yeah, definitely! I take probiotics everyday and it has made a difference in regularity. It is also good for the immune system and keeping a healthy balance so I would go for it!

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Jun 2008, 18:22

They can not do any harm - that is for sure : ) ! I never tried drinks but do take probiotics if I have to take antibiotics. I do not have problem with regularity - actually I go 2-3 times a day , so I can not help you with this one regarding that aspect : (. I don't see why you would not like to try them again - hey - you said they taste nice ; ) !
Good luck !
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby happyass » 18 Jun 2008, 20:21

i found a yummy probiotic that is not milk/lactic infused......it is called GOODBELLY and comes in like four flavors and each daily serving is a little more than doing a shot of tequila!
i loved danactive (blueberry and strawberry flavors) but it has a lot of sugar and milk ingredients. same thing with activia.
GOODBELLY is really good and you can find it at whole foods. it is twice as expensive as danactive though.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2008, 07:56

:ack: Love that photo of Pugster there. He's so cute!!! I need some puppy kisses! :adorable: :12:

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2008, 08:23

I Will echo the probiotics, its a must, i dont do the drinks for the dairy reason so i use acidophillis capsules from holland and barrett i find this helps with tummy problems too :D
I love that Pugster too, what a cutie !

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2008, 15:06

I had 2 BM's today, the latter was very good actually although the first I had this morning was the size of a tree trunk and as long as my leg; I am feeling a little sore.
I believe that I have more than one fissure, the left hand side feels very 'scraped' after todays efforts. Do many here have multiple fissures? Grrr!
I've started the probiotic; ha, after taking the drink I needed to rush to the pot about 15 minutes after so I thought "man thats fast acting", although purely coincidental.
The GTN ointment is always burny upon the application to a freshly split arse! Not looking forward to my midnight application.
-Brendan

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Jun 2008, 16:50

Brendan- have you ever had actual exam? Multiple fissures are very rare and can indicate other underlying conditions. Also , if they are not in the typical 6 or 12 O'clock position it is of concern.
I don't want to make you worry now, but I think that it would be wise to check it all out if you already did not. It is sometimes very hard to pinpoint the exact place of a fissure without exam since so many nerves are intertwined in the anus that they can fire pain signals in opposite direction. I was sure that my f. was on the left side and after exam I was told that it is in typical 6 o'clock position. Second time it opened I was 100 % sure that it was a new and on 12 position and it turned out it was same one on 6 O'clock !!!
All the best !!!
Sorry to hear that you had "monster" poop :(, yes , they can do major damage : ((.
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2008, 17:05

The Nitro always burned when I applied it too. In fact, I was not able to use it because of that. The anoheal (diltiazem) doesn't burn though. I wonder if you could use some aloe vera in between applications to help soothe the area?