New Forumite...greetings!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New Forumite...greetings!

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Jun 2008, 13:25

Sure : ) - try what works !!! We are all different and one never knows what could be a "lucky charm" ! My CRS suggested using both alternatively LOL - I had no side effects ! Maybe it is because my blood pressure is very low naturally that BP drugs do not cause big changes in my body so I do not have problems with them.
I think that now that your fissure is healing nicely and you manage your poop consistency that you will heal in no time anyway : ) !!!
Best of luck !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2008, 02:55

Hi Brendon,
So glad your doctor took the time to look this up for you :)
I have never had a headache with Anoheal !
Goodluck
X

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 17:42

Just applied the Anoheal (Diltiazem 2%) to the Japanese flag (pardon my facetiousness). It's been about 10 minutes and while the cream was a little bit 'hot' going on, the feeling rapidly decayed and I can report NO headache whatsoever. Not even a touch. I found the GTN to be hotter than this stuff.
Is it efficacious in its job, for those who've used it?
-Brendan

Postby cherylk » 26 Jun 2008, 17:45

Brendon,
I am on my third month of Diliatzen ointment and have never had a headache. In fact, I have been feeling pretty good. As you people in the UK say, KNOCK WOOD. At this point I would highly recommend this ointment/cream as a treatment. Good luck!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 18:12

It worked for me. I used it for 4 months along with sitzbaths and my fissure healed.

Postby cherylk » 26 Jun 2008, 20:13

Lecia,
Did you randomly pick 4 months to use it, or did your CRS recommend that length of time? Also, how did you know when you were healed? Did you have an exam or simply know you were healed by the absence of pain and blood? I am trying to decide how long I need to keep using this ointment.
Thanks,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 20:39

I used it for 4 months because that is how long it took for it to heal. I went in every 3-4 weeks to check on its progress. The doctor said it was closed at about 4 months and I didn't have to use the cream but I actually used it another month for good measure. I just got another prescription to try out to see if it helps with hemorrhoids (some evidence suggests that it can help with thrombosed hemmies) but I haven't used it again.

Most of the CRSs that I have seen have been pretty liberal about prescribing it.