New Forumite...greetings!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New Forumite...greetings!

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2008, 16:44

It perplexes me but oh well. What is the average prescription discount that people tend to experience with an average health insurance plan? As an international student I was entitled to 100% discount with my policy on some basic items, and less so on others.
Alot of domestic US students I met only received 50% discount or something to that effect anyway. I forget precisely.
Actually that is another question I have for those with US medical insurance. If you get insurance on a private basis, i.e. you call up, quote and purchase I suppose you are not covered for some pre-existing conditions. However, if you get it by virtue of your employer - what is the deal there? Will pre-existing conditions get subsumed into your policy just because you're an employee, or will you get probed to find out what you are and are not eligible for?

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Jun 2008, 22:15

Ahhhhh...it all depends of what kind of insurance you have and there are many kinds Image . With some you can not even choose the doctor - GP refer you if he pleases to do so. With those I think you have better coverage
,but you always have co-pay (pay some money for every visit), about 15 to 20 $ and of course you always pay part of your prescription drugs. If you ask for brand name, they can refuse to cover it at all and you than have to take generics :pale:. Now, I have insurance where I can choose the doctor and that privilege is penalized by higher premiums and higher co-pay and deductibles - like I do pay good chunk of it all until I reach and pay $2000 in expenses - after that they cover most of it - but still I have co-pay for exams and meds I pay part - if generic small amount, if brand name sometimes 1/4 of price, sometimes 80% of price :pale:. The premium is picked up by company that you work for if you are working for very big and good company. If not, you pay premium yourself or half of it monthly. There are many people that just do not have enough money to pay insurance for themselves and just pray to God that nothing big happens or they would need to take a loan to pay for medical expenses Image - some people lose homes over that - so they end up sick and homeless on top of it all :pale: :pale: :pale: I envy sooooo much all of my friends who ended up in Germany, Switzerland, Australia, Canada and
Sweden - they have no worry in a day of their life - great free medical care and great free education for their kids Image - oh well .... in my next life Image
:dove:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 21 Jun 2008, 08:17

We get free medical care, Fiss! But, quite honestly its cr*p. And our education is free and that sucks too! I think the old saying- you get what you pay for - is definately true!! Unfortuneately!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby lars » 21 Jun 2008, 11:37

Agree with val on this matter. I live in norway and health care is free. But it is no good... I would rather go private if it was an option.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Jun 2008, 14:14

ha ha Val : )) - I know what you mean - I know how bad "free" can be, but at least one can never be without meds or care at all and one has and option to go "private" if one can or wants to and than get superb care for the money worth. Here you pay arm and leg for crap : ( - that is a big difference : ((...
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby val » 21 Jun 2008, 15:58

thats true- I would rather have free crap than expensive crap!!! Isnt it unfair what we have to put up with, I mean with the right care, everyone would probably be so much healthier.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Jun 2008, 20:05

Yeap - that is so true buddy Image How many days person is out of work
or is working with half of capacity due to illnesses -it must be in billions of lost $$$ for any country !!!! How they do not see that fact is beyond me? Wouldn't it be better to offer best treatments immediately and fix the person so he/she can be productive again ??? How possibly they save money when patient is forced to visit 8 doctors before he/she is diagnosed and than again needs a months and months of visits because the treatment was not the best
one available Image Image Image - just crazy ....
Hope you are doing great : ))) :sprinkleheart:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2008, 10:23

So my GP took the time to lookup the Anoheal prescription process and is going to write one out to me. So that's good news.
For those who have tried Anoheal & GTN ointment both, which did you prefer and why (see, we're actually connoisseurs now). My aim is simply to reduce the headache factor of the GTN as it definitely affects me to a distinct degree of discomfort.
Cheers all!!
B

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Jun 2008, 12:05

I used Nifedipine and Nitro - I don't know if Anoheal is similar with Nif. ? Anyway - Nitro did cause some mild headache and not always, while Nif. never did. Nitro also caused some burning sensation in the
anal area, while Nif. did not. But, I had a feeling that Nitro had faster effect on muscle relaxation down there. I used both in combo at one point. I would take the headache over fissure pain any day LOL, but we are all different ; ). Did you try to take a Tylenol or something like that for the headache? Also - Nitro definitely does not have to be applied inside the anus, I don't know how you use it - maybe that is what is causing such a strong reaction ???
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2008, 12:35

Yeah I've taken Tylenol (Paracetamol/Acetaminophen) with the Nitro ointment. I just would rather not use any analgesic each time I use the ointment.
The doctor told me explicitly not to use them in conjunction with each other (the nitro and Anoheal); he made this very clear.
While a headache is preferable to a fissure, or a fissure thats not healing, I don't see any harm in trying the alternative to see what happens.
The way I apply the Nitro ointment (Rectogesic by name in the UK) is with my index finger and a bitten lip!
Oh by the way, I've been taken a pro/prebiotic drink daily for the last 4 days and I've been REGULAR!! I've had about 5 BM's in that time!
Hope it remains this way.